gbopanonymous

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI coupe 2020
Country flag
Hey guys. So I noticed last night that in my auto on light feature is not working . I just bought the car 2-3 weeks ago. Barely had 200 miles. I went to start it last night and I had to manually flip the switch for my headlights to come on. The interior lights also came on so leaves me to believe everything is working fine but it won't do it automatically I did recently get a clear film installed on the windshield. I've unplugged the sensor at the end of the top of the dash and nothing changes Everything else works fine. I've unplugged the battery for reset and still nothing. I have it scheduled for the dealer to take a look but I have a feeling they might say something about the tint and I also hard wired my camera and radar which are working fine. Any ideas before I take it in ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

fitter_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2016 Sedan
Country flag
Did you try to adjust the sensitivity:

Sensitivity Adjustment Function
Sensitivity adjustment function of the automatic lighting system can be customized with the gauge control module. You can select the customized timing from 5 types (Min, Lo, Mid, Hi, Max) sensitivity

OP
OP

gbopanonymous

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you try to adjust the sensitivity:

Sensitivity Adjustment Function
Sensitivity adjustment function of the automatic lighting system can be customized with the gauge control module. You can select the customized timing from 5 types (Min, Lo, Mid, Hi, Max) sensitivity

I actually do not have that option. My guage cluster only has the option to change what I see on there. Like the boost , throttle position, shift light ECT. I checked the infotainment and it only had the option to change the delay off and interior off. No sensitivity

VA_Loan_Pro

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback & 2015 Honda Accord
Country flag
Hey guys. So I noticed last night that in my auto on light feature is not working . I just bought the car 2-3 weeks ago. Barely had 200 miles. I went to start it last night and I had to manually flip the switch for my headlights to come on. The interior lights also came on so leaves me to believe everything is working fine but it won't do it automatically I did recently get a clear film installed on the windshield. I've unplugged the sensor at the end of the top of the dash and nothing changes Everything else works fine. I've unplugged the battery for reset and still nothing. I have it scheduled for the dealer to take a look but I have a feeling they might say something about the tint and I also hard wired my camera and radar which are working fine. Any ideas before I take it in ?
I am in the same boat. Dealing with this for 1 week after I installed Tint on my windshield. Will not turn on the lights unless I use the Manual On switch. If anyone has a tutorial on how to access the sensitivity adjustment please post it up on Youtube and let us know. I took it to Honda the other day and they didn't take it in but the parts guys mentioned I had LED's and if they ran diagnostics they may find that is the issue and would hit me with a fee of $160 to cover the labor. they wont take ownership of issues with the car if they know you have done anything to it.

This is my project car and Ive done a lot in 45 days of ownership. Amp and subs, LED Lights Interior, LED dome lights, K tuner, Honda Hack, wireless carplay, LED Headlights turn signals (with resistors) Sequential Side Markers New Springs and Swaybars. Carbon Fiber hood, Spoiler, Mishimoto Intake and Torque Solutions Blowoff valve.

OP
OP

gbopanonymous

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am in the same boat. Dealing with this for 1 week after I installed Tint on my windshield. Will not turn on the lights unless I use the Manual On switch. If anyone has a tutorial on how to access the sensitivity adjustment please post it up on Youtube and let us know. I took it to Honda the other day and they didn't take it in but the parts guys mentioned I had LED's and if they ran diagnostics they may find that is the issue and would hit me with a fee of $160 to cover the labor. they wont take ownership of issues with the car if they know you have done anything to it.

This is my project car and Ive done a lot in 45 days of ownership. Amp and subs, LED Lights Interior, LED dome lights, K tuner, Honda Hack, wireless carplay, LED Headlights turn signals (with resistors) Sequential Side Markers New Springs and Swaybars. Carbon Fiber hood, Spoiler, Mishimoto Intake and Torque Solutions Blowoff valve.

So I took it and had the diagnostic on it. An LED I installed caused an error code in the BCM. They wouldn't diagnose further but I installed interior LEDs and rear turn signal , back up and brake light LEDs which flash 5x in a second and a half when brakes are first applied. I didn't feel like unplugging and checking so I just left them alone. At least I know now it wasn't my tint lol.

VA_Loan_Pro

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Hatchback & 2015 Honda Accord
Country flag
So I took it and had the diagnostic on it. An LED I installed caused an error code in the BCM. They wouldn't diagnose further but I installed interior LEDs and rear turn signal , back up and brake light LEDs which flash 5x in a second and a half when brakes are first applied. I didn't feel like unplugging and checking so I just left them alone. At least I know now it wasn't my tint lol.
Did you put resisters in for the Turn Signals? I used this for those sequential rear markers and changed the turn signals red with the use of the resisters on the Red LED's.

OP
OP

gbopanonymous

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you put resisters in for the Turn Signals? I used this for those sequential rear markers and changed the turn signals red with the use of the resisters on the Red LED's.
I did not used resistors as they do have them built in and are CANBUS error free. I am sure the issue is with my red LED blinking brake lights. But I love them too much to take them out lol
Sponsored