jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
From what I understand according to KTuner themselves the existing tune already makes VTEC engage at the optimal RPM, so what would be the benefit of being able to control when it kicks in? Besides it maybe being more fun I guess.
Sponsored

FC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
From what I understand according to KTuner themselves the existing tune already makes VTEC engage at the optimal RPM, so what would be the benefit of being able to control when it kicks in? Besides it maybe being more fun I guess.
If I recall correctly, they posted on a thread stating they’ll look into giving us control on when vtec engages. If they deliver on their end, id be more than excited to see what results people get out of the k20c2.

Bru87tr

Been a while since I posted. No issues with tune for a long time now.

Doesn’t look like any changes lately ? I noticed a software bump from 1.0.9.8 and FW to the ktuner module. No real changes though for us 2.0na w/cvt?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So what are you guys running in the 1/4 mile, tuned with FBO (Full Bolt Ons)?

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Hi guys sorry my english are bad anyway im planning to tune my 2017 civic 2.0L CVT. Which one are better throttle response 1 or 2? And vtec kick 5300rpm or 5600rpm?

this base tune from ktuner are safe on CvT? Of course i will not abuse it or floor it hard.

Bru87tr

Hi guys sorry my english are bad anyway im planning to tune my 2017 civic 2.0L CVT. Which one are better throttle response 1 or 2? And vtec kick 5300rpm or 5600rpm?

this base tune from ktuner are safe on CvT? Of course i will not abuse it or floor it hard.
I have been pretty tough on my CVT since tuned and yet to have a problem.

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Its recommended to use higher octane like 91 octane? Because i always use 87 octane.

is there a benefits if i change my air filter to dry flow?

Bru87tr

Its recommended to use higher octane like 91 octane? Because i always use 87 octane.

I always use high octane, people debate it but as an old race head, there are always benefits. I would def use high octane with the tune.

As for the filter. I didn’t notice a difference, but I like they last longer and can be reused after cleaned. But you won’t see a difference like you would on a turbo car or bigger engine. When I upgraded to a Cone filter on my old GN it woke it right up. Civic not so much.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag

i always use 93 octane from cotsco, sometimes i put 1 gallon of E85 on it but i cant fell any diference.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Brought up multiple times. Car runs, car runs fine on regular gas. But the tune which you just spent several hundred dollars on is optimized with the higher octane. It’s like buying 3 bed/2bath house and only using 2 bed/1bath cause you don’t want to turn on water and electricity. It makes no sense. You brought a mod to get more performance. If gas prices are an issue, you shouldn’t be adding mods.

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
Brought up multiple times. Car runs, car runs fine on regular gas. But the tune which you just spent several hundred dollars on is optimized with the higher octane. It’s like buying 3 bed/2bath house and only using 2 bed/1bath cause you don’t want to turn on water and electricity. It makes no sense. You brought a mod to get more performance. If gas prices are an issue, you shouldn’t be adding mods.
+1 totally agree
Sponsored