2.0L CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
People could always pay for three maps, like the TSP for instance.

Instead with these 3 maps, they'd be designed for Vtec crossover points. Map 1 for stock, map 2 for Ktuner-dyno verified map, map 3 - Vtec crossover at a lower rpm than 5300rpm. I am sure a tuner can hook u up with this...if that's what you want.
It just doesn't seem worth it to get a custom tune for this car, at least for me. Being able to adjust vtec engagement ourselves via ktuner would be ideal so I'll be looking forward to that option being available.
Sponsored

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Drove a family member's 2.0 non-R after doing some maintenance on it for them. At a red light I put it into S (or L then S) and was able to make the tires break. Dunno if that was bc vtec or not. This car has a CVT but I would Def pay for a tune as a present if it enhanced spirited driving.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It just doesn't seem worth it to get a custom tune for this car, at least for me. Being able to adjust vtec engagement ourselves via ktuner would be ideal so I'll be looking forward to that option being available.

Understood!

Good luck with that. If I could, I'd have this cool 2.0ltr on a dyno somewhere. Cam angles, air/fuel ratios, ignition timing, etc. This car would would be running in the 14 second range in the 1/4 mile like those old school Acura Integra Type Rs. I love you guys N/A motor. Seems like it would be a fun platform. I LOVED my low hp Honda Fit.

Last edited:

grumpyoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic DX sedan
Country flag
anyone who wanted a sporty drive to begin with, already has an Si ..
it woulda been easier to get that performance with an Si to begin with.

I'm all for performance mods on our cars though, and a Ktuner is highly on my next performance mod list
Easier to get? Yes. Affordable? Hmm.
The Si is more than twice what my DX cost. Why? Gadgets, lots and lots of useless gadgets that are not optional.

I'll just get a few mods with the money I saved.

GOM

Garbanzo

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex
Country flag
Any reason to why I have 2 options here? Are they the same thing? In the name column one is C7X and the other is C76

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time 3C45EAD0-3DC8-416E-B6C5-8D1502C094D4

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Try the bottom one (C76), and once it's flashed go to the Info and go to the tab where it shows the "KTuner Units" and confirm that the Software # matches. You can share it here if you need help confirming that.

ricklndn

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I have a 2020 civic ex 2.0l cvt canadian model.. it doesn't have dual exhaust.
What can i expect getting the ktuner?

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time 20201210_162916

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Read this entire thread for your answer
Very helpful answer. :cool:

But... to save that guy 48 pages of reading...

What can i expect getting the ktuner?
The 2.0 NA tune offers a nice bump in power and driveability.

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time K20C2GAINS

Best bang for the buck performance mod, BY FAR.

OilChange123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX CVT
Country flag
Very helpful answer. :cool:

But... to save that guy 48 pages of reading...

The 2.0 NA tune offers a nice bump in power and driveability.

K20C2GAINS.jpg

Best bang for the buck performance mod, BY FAR.
I read every page multiple times before buying, but I might just be a bit obsessive ?

But yea, get the ktuner, best performance mod for this car. You will not regret it when you no longer have to feel embarrassed trying to pass people on the highway.

CruzK20

First Name
Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there an option to change what the eco button does for the 2.0 na tune?
I just bought the Ktuner, installed the tune and the only thing I can change is 2-step and throttle response. Seems to be a whole lot that’s greyed out.
every video I’ve watched about customizing your tunes showed a lot more you could do with this software, not sure if I did something wrong or if Ktuner hasn’t released the ability to change anything on the na platform.

if someone could clarify that would be appreciated

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
Is there an option to change what the eco button does for the 2.0 na tune?
I just bought the Ktuner, installed the tune and the only thing I can change is 2-step and throttle response. Seems to be a whole lot that’s greyed out.
every video I’ve watched about customizing your tunes showed a lot more you could do with this software, not sure if I did something wrong or if Ktuner hasn’t released the ability to change anything on the na platform.

if someone could clarify that would be appreciated
The ecu on the k20C2 is quite limited
Be happy we can even do as much as we can with ktuner ... it can help transform the car and gain decent power with bolt ons and tune

CruzK20

First Name
Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ecu on the k20C2 is quite limited
Be happy we can even do as much as we can with ktuner ... it can help transform the car and gain decent power with bolt ons and tune
I fail to see how our ecu is so limited that we can’t chose to use our eco button to change throttle response on the go?? I highly doubt it. We should at least have more quick adjustments than 1, especially if we are paying the same 450-650 price, we should be able to customize our own maps and use the software to it’s potential. I didn’t pay 450 just for a basemap tune, with the amount of mods I have I might as well gotten it tuned by a dyno shop if all I was going to get was 1 tune and no adjustments
Sponsored