NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Random question! I know the tune requires 93 octane fuel for optimum results, however, times are tough as we know and premium fuel is kinda pricey. Is it harmful to run 87 octane regular fuel with the tune? I know it will run best on 93 but it’s honestly too much for me right now. I don’t wanna run on stock tune, so hoping 87 will be safe to run at least for the rest of summer.
Sponsored

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You run the risk of engine knock, the tune tightens up the timing of ignition spark to get it more precise to create more horse power. Higher octane fuel is more consistent in when it detonates and shouldn't pre-detonate before it's supposed to. Running lower octane fuel will cause that engine knock as it's called which if done frequently and common enough will damage your engine. It may not hurt a tank or two but I wouldnt run it more than that. I'd drop the tune and save your motor till finances get back stable. Just my 2 cents

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Yep, same here. Done that and the only available tune was the TSP stage1.. should/can I run something different?
There are no TSP tunes in the KTuner software. TSP is a separate company that creates third party tunes.

The 2.0NA Civic only has one tune, as outlined on the KTuner application page for the vehicle.

SethCarley

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are no TSP tunes in the KTuner software. TSP is a separate company that creates third party tunes.

The 2.0NA Civic only has one tune, as outlined on the KTuner application page for the vehicle.

I'm sure he will tell you thank you.
Now go enjoy being American and happy 4th!

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
It’s July 4th weekend, I am glad they are not working on a holiday to resolve your incompetence.
Oof, forgot about the holidays

Thanks so much, just having trouble locating that specific tune.. I think TSP might have came with the kTuner v1.2.. in which case I guess I'll just revert back to factory (if I can), to prevent any issues

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The TSP tune would not apply to you or be on the device or in the software.

You can find a tune for your ECU when you go to File>New Tune

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The TSP tune would not apply to you or be on the device or in the software.

You can find a tune for your ECU when you go to File>New Tune
You are correct, I misunderstood what I was seeing on the PC. Thank you for the clarification, I am currently running Tune 1 (as labeled with K20C2 w/ CVT), it seems. Glad all's well, then. Thank you for providing KTuner to us, madd props for your work.

Garbanzo

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Ex
Country flag
You are correct, I misunderstood what I was seeing on the PC. Thank you for the clarification, I am currently running Tune 1 (as labeled with K20C2 w/ CVT), it seems. Glad all's well, then. Thank you for providing KTuner to us, madd props for your work.
Hey man, have you driven your 2.0 yet? Really excited to get the tune and have vtec kick in at 5300 rpm... that seems so ridiculous to me in a good way.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey man, have you driven your 2.0 yet? Really excited to get the tune and have vtec kick in at 5300 rpm... that seems so ridiculous to me in a good way.
Yes, VTEC does indeed kick in @ 5300Rpm, I'm loving it so far.

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Ive been keeping an eye on my IAT's and usually the best I can get is around 9 degrees above outside temps after driving for some time. Usually its around 14 to 18 above, especially during the summer. I was looking at the Pro civic grill and the AEM short ram intake for better cooling and a little sound. Has anyone used these b4 or have some tips to keep the IAT's in a reasonable area? I know aftermarket intakes are supported for the ktuner base tune but it mentions it may not work with improperly sized intakes. Any known issues with ktuner and the AEM short ram? Thanks.

youo34

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2019
Country flag
After reading things entire forum I have gotten super intrigued with KTUNER. Just curious, I have a 2019 honda civic CVT 2.0L, sounds too good to be true... but is it really as simple as buying this KTUNER v1.2, plug and play without having to bring my car to a shop (Living in Toronto Canada)??

Also reading about this new update, I presume the update isnt installed into any ktuners i buy, so would the process be to just download the newest update, update the ktuner, then flash the ECU? (ABSOLUTELY NEW TO THIS :( )

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
After reading things entire forum I have gotten super intrigued with KTUNER. Just curious, I have a 2019 honda civic CVT 2.0L, sounds too good to be true... but is it really as simple as buying this KTUNER v1.2, plug and play without having to bring my car to a shop (Living in Toronto Canada)??

Also reading about this new update, I presume the update isnt installed into any ktuners i buy, so would the process be to just download the newest update, update the ktuner, then flash the ECU? (ABSOLUTELY NEW TO THIS :( )
Pretty much that simple, and yes any updates you’ll need to download and reflash. Takes about 5 minutes to reflash.. Ihave the v2 which is the small portable unit.

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time image

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I swear the most difficult thing about the KTuner was the fact that it unfortunately requires M$ Windows and their driver shenanigans.. took longer to get the program installation up to par on Windows laptop than the actual flash itself took, Lol

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Most Windows installs nowadays come with FTDI drivers already pre-loaded. In that case it's as simple as running the software and plugging the device in. Be sure to watch the tutorial video for guidance.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most Windows installs nowadays come with FTDI drivers already pre-loaded. In that case it's as simple as running the software and plugging the device in. Be sure to watch the tutorial video for guidance.
Yep, once I got it all setup properly, was easy breezy
Sponsored