Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hello Civic X enthusiasts and Civic K20C2 fans,

Those who have been a bit skeptical as to what a tune really accomplishes with the K20C2, it's not without reason. When I tuned the Civic K20C2 engine for the first time the ridiculous drop in the power curve from the factory just never sat well with me. It looked downright awful. I could not imagine Honda putting a vehicle out tuned like that. I never posted dyno results because of this. While gains were obviously present, what if they weren't 100% accurate? I certainly don't want to misrepresent what we do here and I certainly don't want to misinform customers who may be looking... For anyone that asked about gains we mentioned a conservative figure of "10whp gains in the power dip by lowering VTEC and altering other parameters".

Well, I finally got another Civic K20C2 MT to verify our original results and try to push it a little further with what I've learned about the logic on this ECU since our original tuning session. It did the exact same thing on the factory pull - a huge dip in the power curve. I was able to achieve even better results this time around, as I picked up some additional power in the heart of the power band. Take a look at our dyno session.

Now I'm happy to post our latest dyno sheets! Up to 22 WHP / 18 lb-ft in the heart of the power band and 7 WHP peak to peak. It's no longer a debate whether tuning is worth it on the NA 2.0L and I imagine the upcoming @RV6 downpipe will help even more.

For those who already grabbed a unit and trusted our word, thank you and I'm so glad we were able to solidify this for you. For those of you who will now become a part of the family... welcome aboard. We're looking forward to having you here.

The latest tune will be in the next update of the software.

Thanks for taking a look!
J.R. - KTuner

K20C2GAINS.jpg

K20C2PTP.jpg
What about 2.0 cvt?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn’t notice a difference after the re upload it seemed to still be kickin at 5600

Key words in the update are....."Change To Allow VTEC In First And Second Gear When Other Conditions Are Met".

You have to understand what these other conditions are and if they have been met.
THEN look to see if VTEC kicked in Yo @5300rpm, in 1st and 2nd gears. :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic 2.0 Sedan
Country flag
Key words in the update are....."Change To Allow VTEC In First And Second Gear When Other Conditions Are Met".

You have to understand what these other conditions are and if they have been met.
THEN look to see if VTEC kicked in Yo @5300rpm, in 1st and 2nd gears. :)

After reviewing many datalogs we've moved the VTEC point down to 5300. For those who weren't getting VTEC in first and second gear under some circumstances, this will also allow that to happen all the time. We would love to hear your feedback, as always!
If I'm not reading this wrong, Ktuner says right here that the new tune will allow vtec to kick in all the time?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
:)
If I'm not reading this wrong, Ktuner says right here that the new tune will allow vtec to kick in all the time?

You are correct! My bad! Continue on......
I was taking what I said directly from the version history update on the Ktuner site.
Ktuner Version History

Reading from there, it seems like these 'conditions' would have to be met first.
"
    • Civic 2.0 NA

• VTEC Lowered To 5300 To Smooth Out A Bump

• Change To Allow VTEC In First And Second Gear When Other Conditions Are Met
To put it all together, this is what it seems to mean...
Change To Allow VTEC In First And Second Gear When Other Conditions Are Met.....that prevented VTEC from engaging in 1st and 2nd gear.

Last edited:

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
But I’m pretty sure VTEC should be hitting at 5300 regardless of the conditions, since they said that’s what they’re lowering it to. I think they were regarding the conditions needed to be met for it to engage in the first place. As far as I’m concerned I should be hitting VTEC at 5300 rpm lol

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
We have datalogs from a CVT we're looking at to compare to the MT tester. If I could get someone else with an MT to send logs so we can confirm operation, we'll get this finalized for all quickly. :)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic 2.0 Sedan
Country flag
We have datalogs from a CVT we're looking at to compare to the MT tester. If I could get someone else with an MT to send logs so we can confirm operation, we'll get this finalized for all quickly. :)
if you’re looking at the one that was sent by —- that data log is from a manual transmission. Sorry I should had mention that!

Last edited:
OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hah you changed gears without letting off the throttle. Totally thought you were CVT!