Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hello Civic X enthusiasts and Civic K20C2 fans,

Those who have been a bit skeptical as to what a tune really accomplishes with the K20C2, it's not without reason. When I tuned the Civic K20C2 engine for the first time the ridiculous drop in the power curve from the factory just never sat well with me. It looked downright awful. I could not imagine Honda putting a vehicle out tuned like that. I never posted dyno results because of this. While gains were obviously present, what if they weren't 100% accurate? I certainly don't want to misrepresent what we do here and I certainly don't want to misinform customers who may be looking... For anyone that asked about gains we mentioned a conservative figure of "10whp gains in the power dip by lowering VTEC and altering other parameters".

Well, I finally got another Civic K20C2 MT to verify our original results and try to push it a little further with what I've learned about the logic on this ECU since our original tuning session. It did the exact same thing on the factory pull - a huge dip in the power curve. I was able to achieve even better results this time around, as I picked up some additional power in the heart of the power band. Take a look at our dyno session.

Now I'm happy to post our latest dyno sheets! Up to 22 WHP / 18 lb-ft in the heart of the power band and 7 WHP peak to peak. It's no longer a debate whether tuning is worth it on the NA 2.0L and I imagine the upcoming @RV6 downpipe will help even more.

For those who already grabbed a unit and trusted our word, thank you and I'm so glad we were able to solidify this for you. For those of you who will now become a part of the family... welcome aboard. We're looking forward to having you here.

The latest tune will be in the next update of the software.

Thanks for taking a look!
J.R. - KTuner

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time K20C2GAINS

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time K20C2PTP

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Civic X enthusiasts and Civic K20C2 fans,

Those who have been a bit skeptical as to what a tune really accomplishes with the K20C2, it's not without reason. When I tuned the Civic K20C2 engine for the first time the ridiculous drop in the power curve from the factory just never sat well with me. It looked downright awful. I could not imagine Honda putting a vehicle out tuned like that. I never posted dyno results because of this. While gains were obviously present, what if they weren't 100% accurate? I certainly don't want to misrepresent what we do here and I certainly don't want to misinform customers who may be looking... For anyone that asked about gains we mentioned a conservative figure of "10whp gains in the power dip by lowering VTEC and altering other parameters".

Well, I finally got another Civic K20C2 MT to verify our original results and try to push it a little further with what I've learned about the logic on this ECU since our original tuning session. It did the exact same thing on the factory pull - a huge dip in the power curve. I was able to achieve even better results this time around, as I picked up some additional power in the heart of the power band. Take a look at our dyno session.

Now I'm happy to post our latest dyno sheets! Up to 22 WHP / 18 lb-ft in the heart of the power band and 7 WHP peak to peak. It's no longer a debate whether tuning is worth it on the NA 2.0L and I imagine the upcoming @RV6 downpipe will help even more.

For those who already grabbed a unit and trusted our word, thank you and I'm so glad we were able to solidify this for you. For those of you who will now become a part of the family... welcome aboard. We're looking forward to having you here.

The latest tune will be in the next update of the software.

Thanks for taking a look!
J.R. - KTuner

K20C2GAINS.jpg

K20C2PTP.jpg
The 2.0 guys are gonna love you

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic coupe lx
Vehicle Showcase
Nice to see some stuff for the 2.0. I think the power drop around 6.6k rpm is interesting though. Wonder why its tuned like that from the factory...
I wonder what they ended up changing in order to fix that big drop

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
Sorry for the newb question but how do I get this tune for my 17 ex 2.0?

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
Does it matter which K tuner I purchase? Can I purchase a used one or are they vin locked?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Nice! Hopefully someone will release a turbo kit. It should make some good power with it
Agreed, I would only consider this platform if boosted. Wonder how rugged it is, guess we will find out shortly, I know Prl has future plans to create a turbo kit for the K20C2.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
This tune is now available for our 2.0 customers along with 2017 support and updated rev hang disable for our Manual Transmission owners! Update today!
Sponsored