Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
holy... just flashed mine with the stock tune, and GOD DAMN, the post was no lying, it really makes it feel soo alive!!! Not sure if anyone knows but, I flashed mine using my parents old laptop. I was wondering if anyone knows, in the future, if they threw out that exact laptop, will I have issues flashing it back to factory? (as in did it save my data when flashing it onto the laptop) If so, does anyone know where I can retrieve the files so Id have it from the laptop?
If I'm not mistaken the factory tune is uploaded to the actual KTuner unit itself. As long as you can access the account associated with your KTuner then I believe you can access it via other computers. However, your saved tunes on your computer will not transfer over unless they were uploaded to the KTuner unit. Think local saved files on your computer.

You upload the factory tune as the first step in the flash process that way you can always reflash back to stock. I know not ECUs use the same factory tune even if they are the same model. It depends on the VIN I think but don't quote me on that part.

The default KTuner directory for me is under Documents on my computer. It should look something like C:\Users\Civic_Rob\Documents for other .kcl (saved tune files) if you have them.
Sponsored

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Your unit is linked via the ktuner and user id. NOT the laptop. I got a new laptop around xmas last year and was able to flash/return to stock just fine.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Ok.. first off, I Love the kTuner. Period. Don't wanna drive without it, so I'd like to help fix/improve things for everyone including me (if possible). These are questions for personal education purposes, not complaints (cuz I'm not having any noticable driving issues anyways, just need clarification).

Next, I couldn't find the torque improvement listings for our 2.0L NA.. can anyone plz point me in the right direction or post the numbers? Thanks in advance .

LAST - AFR's:
At WOT, I'm reading like 12.2.. I thought 14.7 was the goal..?? It reads close to 14.7 any other time except what I just listed.
When I take the foot off the accelerator, it sits at like 29.6..

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
LAST - AFR's:
At WOT, I'm reading like 12.2.. I thought 14.7 was the goal..?? It reads close to 14.7 any other time except what I just listed.
When I take the foot off the accelerator, it sits at like 29.6..
Normal behavior, you need to monitor more the stft and ltft, should be 0 or very close.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
During decel fuel cut there's no fuel, so your AFR should spike. 14.7 is ideal for idle or cruising conditions. Under full load it should be lower.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Next, I couldn't find the torque improvement listings for our 2.0L NA.. can anyone plz point me in the right direction or post the numbers? Thanks in advance .
I've posted this KTuner dyno many times.

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time K20C2GAINS

The torque increase on your NA engine isn't huge but 18 lb/ft is a 17% bump.

Last edited:

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've posted this KTuner dyno many times.

K20C2GAINS.jpg

The torque increase on your NA engine isn't huge but 18 lb/ft is a 17% bump.
I seen this one too but didn't think it was the most updated version since it still reads less than factory HP/Torque..??

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Remember, those numbers on that dyno are at the wheels.

Last edited:

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The points shown are the largest difference, not the max.
..then I think I'm kinda disappointed in the fact that our 2.0 NA has such low assed torque.. like dammit, a BS 1.5L is pushing like 200 ft/lbs, ? and both my GF's '98 Accord (2.4L) + my '98 Civic (1.6L) both have more torque. This is now 2020 and that torque reading is Low af for a nice 2.0L.. JS. ..how is this even possible? ?

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
..then I think I'm kinda disappointed in the fact that our 2.0 NA has such low assed torque.. like dammit, a BS 1.5L is pushing like 200 ft/lbs, ? and both my GF's '98 Accord (2.4L) + my '98 Civic (1.6L) both have more torque. This is now 2020 and that torque reading is Low af for a nice 2.0L.. JS. ..how is this even possible? ?
The 2.0L was made for max mpg and commuting. It’s not the same same high revving k20 you might have known. If you want more power the 1.5T is probably the best bang for your buck.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
..then I think I'm kinda disappointed in the fact that our 2.0 NA has such low assed torque.. like dammit, a BS 1.5L is pushing like 200 ft/lbs, ?
You're comparing a normally aspirated engine with a turbo engine. Turbos are torquey. Nothing BS about it.

I'm pushing 250+ tq on my puny 1.5T.

You bought the wrong model if you wanted gobs of neck snapping torque. :drive:

Last edited:

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You're comparing a normally aspirated engine with a turbo engine. Turbos are torquey. Nothing BS about it.

I'm pushing 250+ tq on my puny 1.5T.

You bought the wrong model if you wanted gobs of neck snapping torque. :drive:
It wasn't so much a "wanting" of neck snapping torque as it was just a surprise it had so little for a 2.0, Lol. I Love the car in all its fashion/capabilities but just now noticing certain numbers like that being remarkably low.. no hate involved anywhere, just some surprising realizations

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Actually it has about the typical torque you'd see in an NA engine that size in an economy car.

For example, the base 2.0 Elantra engine has 147 horsepower and 132 pound-feet of torque.

Reszulton

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan lx
Country flag
Got a question guys. The new version of ktuner software seems to let us 2.0l engine have full control of the vtec engage/disengagement. Now the question is @ what rpm is most optimal to set vtec to engage?
Sponsored