tripodog

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc2 sport 2.slow
Country flag
The gains with the ktuner are very mild, in regards to the sound the downpipe will give you more sounding, and also the cold air intake by the way I have everything for sale if interested.
do you have a catted downpipe for sale?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all love this post thread!

2019 2.0L CVT sport coupe here. I have a couple questions hope any of you professionals could answer for me! First off my car is completely stock. 1) is it as easy as buy the 1.2v, download on laptop, flash, use the base tune 1, throttle response 2) and voila I will have a night and day difference?
KTuner has a very easy learning curve. And there are plenty of tutorials on their site and YouTube.

As far as a night and day difference, if you're looking for huge gains on your N/A engine, a basic tune won't do that.

But if you're looking for an improvement in overall driveability with a little daily driving fun mixed in, the base KTuner tune is pretty darn good.

In addition to some hp/tq gains, you get better throttle response, lower vtec crossover and the speed limiter is removed.

It's the easiest way to get some useful gains.

youo34

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2019
Country flag
KTuner has a very easy learning curve. And there are plenty of tutorials on their site and YouTube.

As far as a night and day difference, if you're looking for huge gains on your N/A engine, a basic tune won't do that.

But if you're looking for an improvement in overall driveability with a little daily driving fun mixed in, the base KTuner tune is pretty darn good.

In addition to some hp/tq gains, you get better throttle response, lower vtec crossover and the speed limiter is removed.

It's the easiest way to get some useful gains.
OH for sure I understand it wouldnt be a night and day difference. As I havent experienced what stock tune feels like, is it comparable to the difference from when you have Eco + Drive vs Eco off + S mode? that difference in itself is quiet significant, wondering if anyone else could let me know if those two scenarios are comparable from stock tune vs no tune.

From reading the entire thread, sounds to me like the 2.0L CVT has the best output with stock tune + throttle response 2? is that correct?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
By stock tune I think you mean the Ktuner "base" tune.

When people see "stock tune" they think of the Honda factory tune. Just saying.

I actually have a tuned turbo but everything I know about this N/A tune is that it's worth the upgrade. And the power gains for such a simple plug and play mod are good. Adding 23 hp and 18 tq isn't bad at all. As far as what throttle response setting is best, that's up to you and your driving style.

Reszulton

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan lx
Country flag
Hey all love this post thread!

2019 2.0L CVT sport coupe here. I have a couple questions hope any of you professionals could answer for me! First off my car is completely stock. 1) is it as easy as buy the 1.2v, download on laptop, flash, use the base tune 1, throttle response 2) and voila I will have a night and day difference?

Also, I was wondering if the tune does any sound adjustment to the car. As you all know theres no exhausts for 2.0L coupes with the center exhausts, so I was wondering if you guys knew any methods that would make it rumble or sound better. ex. RV6 WITH THE KTUNER? any help is much appreciated
I have the 2.0l engine with mt, and I can tell you it makes the 2.0l a lot more fun. I also set my throttle response to 2. Best upgrade for me that cost $650 cad.

CruzK20

First Name
Cruz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OH for sure I understand it wouldnt be a night and day difference. As I havent experienced what stock tune feels like, is it comparable to the difference from when you have Eco + Drive vs Eco off + S mode? that difference in itself is quiet significant, wondering if anyone else could let me know if those two scenarios are comparable from stock tune vs no tune.

From reading the entire thread, sounds to me like the 2.0L CVT has the best output with stock tune + throttle response 2? is that correct?
I drive a FBO 2.0 n/a and I will say the rv6 catless DP + Ktuner makes it a lot of fun to drive and definitely has a noticeable difference from stock. I raced an almost stock 2.0 MT (intake only) and my CVT gapped him by 3-4 cars in a 20 and 30 roll… definitely worth it if you ask me :beer:

youo34

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Amazing thanks for everyones input! I found it in amazon, but seeing the list as OBD2 name, and description civic 2.0 16-17, will this truly not work if i have a 2.0 civic 2019?

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time 650BB7FF-7744-4371-9011-47AE369FB437

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time 1E9CD012-C476-4E0C-9554-1AD969C6DFEC

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Go to ktuner website. Amazon didn’t update it yet(maybe)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
KTuner's aren't model specific. The tunes are in the software. You're fine.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Amazing thanks for everyones input! I found it in amazon, but seeing the list as OBD2 name, and description civic 2.0 16-17, will this truly not work if i have a 2.0 civic 2019?

650BB7FF-7744-4371-9011-47AE369FB437.png

1E9CD012-C476-4E0C-9554-1AD969C6DFEC.jpeg
I agree with @gtman , you'll be fine. I'm using one of those in my 2020 Sport 2.0L w/CVT and it both works and flashes fine. Plus to me has been night/day difference since installation (almost like a regular drive vs ECO type of difference between stock tune and kTuner Tune 1).. I didn't use any throttle response modz on mine cuz I do a lotta stop/go school area type driving and it's difficult to not overload the throttle input for creeping along but everything else has been really sweet so far. Over 50k mi tuned so far, I think..

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag

650BB7FF-7744-4371-9011-47AE369FB437.png

1E9CD012-C476-4E0C-9554-1AD969C6DFEC.jpeg
I have one for sale, I used to have the same model than you, 2019 civic sport 2.0 n/a just let me know if you are interested.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
dumb question, can I use one V2 on two different cars since they are not model specific?
I have 2.0 NA civic and 1.5 turbo CRV, can I use them one to flash both?

OsirisPalko

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
dumb question, can I use one V2 on two different cars since they are not model specific?
I have 2.0 NA civic and 1.5 turbo CRV, can I use them one to flash both?
In theory yes but you can only pair to one car at a time

youo34

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
holy... just flashed mine with the stock tune, and GOD DAMN, the post was no lying, it really makes it feel soo alive!!! Not sure if anyone knows but, I flashed mine using my parents old laptop. I was wondering if anyone knows, in the future, if they threw out that exact laptop, will I have issues flashing it back to factory? (as in did it save my data when flashing it onto the laptop) If so, does anyone know where I can retrieve the files so Id have it from the laptop?
Sponsored