Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well sure, the improved throttle response is applied universally (eco and normal) but you still have reduced throttle response (compared to non-eco).

I have the turbo and a different tune but I prefer staying out of eco and let my foot control mpgs. Different strokes for different folks, right?
There was an official document from Honda that explained what eco mode is and does. It will still try to get the best economy regardless of driver input. I stay out of eco mode (I actually took off the control switch when I took out the center console so can't use it even if I wanted to) because it's another thing I have to worry about turning on and off. I'm simple when it comes to controls. I understand it's aimed at saving miles per gallon but I prefer the smiles per gallon. That and I'm afraid if I toggle it on with all the shit I've done to my car it will act as a self destruct button as the only 'economical' choice.
Sponsored

Reszulton

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan lx
Country flag
Has anyone tested to see what the difference the tune makes when using 87 octane vs 91+ octane?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tested to see what the difference the tune makes when using 87 octane vs 91+ octane?
Probably not but keep this in mind. The dyno numbers seen on the KTuner 2.0NA tune page were achieved on 91+. 87 would be noticeably lower. If you're going to tune, why use low octane gas?

Sam Carney

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 NA
Country flag
Agreed, I would only consider this platform if boosted. Wonder how rugged it is, guess we will find out shortly, I know Prl has future plans to create a turbo kit for the K20C2.
Really? That would be incredible. Some have said the main reason why the C2 hasn't been boosted is because the stock ecu can't read positive manifold pressure or what not. I wonder if PRL will work with Ktuner to fix it or if they'll have to include a different engine management system haha.

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really? That would be incredible. Some have said the main reason why the C2 hasn't been boosted is because the stock ecu can't read positive manifold pressure or what not. I wonder if PRL will work with Ktuner to fix it or if they'll have to include a different engine management system haha.
I said fuck it and went my own forced induction route. The C2 isn't as stout as the Type R as far as it's cooling but it's displacement being the same 2.0L makes me happy I stuck with the engine. I've been hearing the 1.5L L15B's have been having head gasket issues and all sorts of other problems not to mention recalls.

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time 233821648_161782545971693_212452305407304606_n

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Sam... you really need to check the dates on stuff you're quoting. That post was from four years ago an unfortunately it never happened.

Last edited:

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sam... you really need to check the dates on stuff you're quoting. That post was from four years ago an unfortunately it never happened.
Motec would be the only solution for tuning but for the cost I could nearly engine swap everything and not even worry about tuning.

Sam Carney

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
yeah i got a message back from prl saying because if the tuning nightmare the production bolt on kit will never happen. the only way would be a full custom kit with a stand-alone ecu which like everyone else has been saying will probably be more than a whole swap. my bad

Sam Carney

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I said fuck it and went my own forced induction route. The C2 isn't as stout as the Type R as far as it's cooling but it's displacement being the same 2.0L makes me happy I stuck with the engine. I've been hearing the 1.5L L15B's have been having head gasket issues and all sorts of other problems not to mention recalls.

233821648_161782545971693_212452305407304606_n.jpg
have you actually completed forced induction on the c2? Id love to know what you did to make it happen!

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
have you actually completed forced induction on the c2? Id love to know what you did to make it happen!
By 'forced induction' I meant a nitrous shot since technically it's a chemical supercharger in a way since it forces more air into the combustion chamber via it's binding to oxygen. Traditional forced induction is not worth it since this engine lacks some of the engineering that the Type R had put into it. I had plans to turbo it but have since change routes and would probably engine swap it over a turbo tbh.

youo34

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Sport 2019
Country flag
Hey all love this post thread!

2019 2.0L CVT sport coupe here. I have a couple questions hope any of you professionals could answer for me! First off my car is completely stock. 1) is it as easy as buy the 1.2v, download on laptop, flash, use the base tune 1, throttle response 2) and voila I will have a night and day difference?

Also, I was wondering if the tune does any sound adjustment to the car. As you all know theres no exhausts for 2.0L coupes with the center exhausts, so I was wondering if you guys knew any methods that would make it rumble or sound better. ex. RV6 WITH THE KTUNER? any help is much appreciated

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
Hey all love this post thread!

2019 2.0L CVT sport coupe here. I have a couple questions hope any of you professionals could answer for me! First off my car is completely stock. 1) is it as easy as buy the 1.2v, download on laptop, flash, use the base tune 1, throttle response 2) and voila I will have a night and day difference?

Also, I was wondering if the tune does any sound adjustment to the car. As you all know theres no exhausts for 2.0L coupes with the center exhausts, so I was wondering if you guys knew any methods that would make it rumble or sound better. ex. RV6 WITH THE KTUNER? any help is much appreciated
The gains with the ktuner are very mild, in regards to the sound the downpipe will give you more sounding, and also the cold air intake by the way I have everything for sale if interested.

tripodog

First Name
kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fc2 sport 2.slow
Country flag
It does change some. These cars are well insulated so it’s hard to hear the exhaust note to begin with. I put a larger dual tip on mine with stock exhaust and I’m happy with note. It kept its pedestrian streetability but has some more deeper grunt.
Sponsored