Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure why you would need custom tuning with nitrous (35-50 wet shot). You will have the extra fuel you need with the fuel jet you install. If needed, you could use the Ktuner to add any additional fuel (Or pull back some) where necessary as well as make any ignition timing changes for extra protection. But I wouldn't think a tune is needed but optimal (Meaning...it can't hurt to get a tune on top of your nitrous setup's safety features).
You know I completely forgot that the nozzle will use fuel + nitrous. For some reason I was thinking that it would just be nitrous added directly to the port injection system with the fuel being separate. Thanks for the reminder and sanity check! I knew that but apparently forgot haha. As far as KTuner goes, I'd take it to get custom tuned no doubt with KTuner.
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You know I completely forgot that the nozzle will use fuel + nitrous. For some reason I was thinking that it would just be nitrous added directly to the port injection system with the fuel being separate. Thanks for the reminder and sanity check! I knew that but apparently forgot haha. As far as KTuner goes, I'd take it to get custom tuned no doubt with KTuner.
Not gonna lie, if I had an N/A, I would've been done this option. Also, if I had a manual, I'd simply get a set of used camshafts from an online junkyard and sent it out to Deltacams for a more aggressive cam grind. These things are out there for the taking if people want it bad enough. ;)

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not gonna lie, if I had an N/A, I would've been done this option. Also, if I had a manual, I'd simply get a set of used camshafts from an online junkyard and sent it out to Deltacams for a more aggressive cam grind. These things are out there for the taking if people want it bad enough. ;)
4piston developed new Type R cams which should be very very close to the K20C2 cams. I don't know a great deal about cams but I need the duration and lift profiles and to check clearances if I was to go down that route correct? I've seen some used cams here and there. I don't know what supporting mods (if any) would be needed to run a more aggressive cam profile.

Wouldn't accomplish much being CVT correct?

Also, I am planning on running a nitrous express wet shot kit but trying to get some other modifications done prior. Currently tackling a power window issue first. That's priority #1 and then I can proceed with seeing about the nitrous kit.

How much would a cam grind run me? Let's say a mild-aggressive cam profile that could potentially net say 10-15hp?

Reactions: Myx

Reszulton

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan lx
Country flag
Anyone know if tunerview can monitor and alerts you when Vtec kicks in?

Reszulton

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan lx
Country flag
@KTuner when loading tune 1 for my 2.0l engine I do not see the disable Rev hang option, are you guys able to work on that or it's not possible to add the option for my ecu( 5BB-C04)

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
@KTuner when loading tune 1 for my 2.0l engine I do not see the disable Rev hang option, are you guys able to work on that or it's not possible to add the option for my ecu( 5BB-C04)
correct me if im wrong afaik rev hang are for turbo cars only.

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Every car with gears has rev hang even the automatics. It's just noticeable in manuals. I believe each manual version of the civicx has revhang by default so that it can aid with emissions, longevity, as well as keeping the transmission healthy. I can't speak to the CVT's because the way a CVT works isn't the same as a traditional gear-driven transmission being belt driven and all.

That's not to say the CVT doesn't have a significant delay when mashing on the pedal. For the CVT folk we have to do this weird pedal dance to rocket our RPM's up so that we can actually tell the CVT's processor (presumably) that we want more power and to adjust the 'gearing' for just that. VTEC doesn't come on for the 2.0 CVT NA until 6,500 RPM and our redline is 6,800 untuned.

I'm assuming the delay in regards to 'rev hang' is for the safety of the CVT belt to prevent scoring or a catastrophic failure of any of the working parts. However, I don't think there's any way of disabling the rev-hang issue for the CVT folk and I believe there is an option on KTuner to disable it regardless of engine setup (2.0NA, 1.5T, 2.0T).

Reszulton

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan lx
Country flag
I am positive it's for all engines but it seems certain ecu configuration doesn't have that disable option for some reason. Hence I am asking ktuner to see if mine can be fix so I can disable it.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wouldn't accomplish much being CVT correct?
Nope! A more aggressive cam profile would move the powerband to the right (further up the rpm range). With a CVT transmission, you have no way of moving it's maximum rpm to operate it. It'll still operate in the stock rpm range.

I had more aggressive camshafts installed in my 2015 Honda Fit CVT. I had no way to take advantage of what it had to offer because I could not move the stock CVT rpm powerband to move higher than stock. Pretty confident that Fit would've been as quick/fast as the old school N/A Type Rs since it was already runnning 15.2@92mph as it was. Only if the CVT allowed the engine to rev higher and operate there.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
@KTuner after tuning the 2.0l engine with the tune, does econ mode still function?
I'm not KTuner but yes, it does. You'll still get all the Econ "features" like sluggish throttle response and reduced A/C output. :cool:

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag
I'm not KTuner but yes, it does. You'll still get all the Econ "features" like sluggish throttle response and reduced A/C output. :cool:
Just to add my experience, you can solve the pedal thing by adding the pedal response to level 1 or 2, but the gas consumption is still reasonable, I drive in eco mode daily and when I want to go spirited driving I turn it off and that's it and activate the sport mode.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Well sure, the improved throttle response is applied universally (eco and normal) but you still have reduced throttle response (compared to non-eco).

I have the turbo and a different tune but I prefer staying out of eco and let my foot control mpgs. Different strokes for different folks, right?
Sponsored