2.0L CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time

Bru87tr

My car is going in for ac service. I reverted my tune back to stock. Do I also need to unlock the Ktuner from my ECU ?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car is going in for ac service. I reverted my tune back to stock. Do I also need to unlock the Ktuner from my ECU ?
I always unlock. You never know when a porter might wreck your car or it fall off a lift. just in case, that way if something happens it is unlocked. Also, if they give you a loaner then you could tune the loaner lol

Triniwi43

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic 2020 ex
Country flag
Well I'm back and I had my ktuner for two days. It really made my 2.0 feel smoother. Thanks ktuner for a good job tuning the 2.0. if anyone considering buying a ktuner. It's worth every penny.

Reszulton

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan lx
Country flag
Also just got ktuner and the car feels much faster now on the highway.
@KTuner are you guys working to improve the tune even more, like say making disable Rev hang possible on all ecu and such? Mine which is 5BB-C04 doesn't seem to have that option. Thanks.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
The engine is limited on what it can make without a turbo. We generally come back around for development to see if there are things to improve on.

Ex-t hammer

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EX-T 6spd sold. Accord 2.0 10AT '18
Country flag
I sure wish someone could've made some kinda supercharger kit for the 2.0 NA people's. Could've been some fun trips to Mexico.

Reszulton

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sedan lx
Country flag
@KTuner thanks for the quick reply, hope you guys can come up with something soon.

Anyone know if tunerview can track and notify you when vtrc kicks in?

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The engine is limited on what it can make without a turbo. We generally come back around for development to see if there are things to improve on.
Is there a way to tune for nitrous? I'm not trying to annihilate my engine with a 100+ shot but deciding if it would be possible to run a 35-50 wet shot to help with the lack of power. I understand it will affect the AFR and will need custom tuning but does KTuner support something like this?

Reactions: Myx

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I sure wish someone could've made some kinda supercharger kit for the 2.0 NA people's. Could've been some fun trips to Mexico.
Supposedly someone is doing some R&D for a supercharger kit for us 2.slow folks. Regardless a standalone ECU will be needed (MoTec) since it doesn't make sense for KTuner to support a one off design. The ECU's can't read positive manifold air pressure so unless there's a magical way to fix that, it's simply not worth the time and money required. That's why I am curious if something like a small nitrous shot since it wouldn't affect manifold air pressure (I don't think) in the way forced induction (turbo/supercharger) would.

My number one concern would be the added stress to the CVT transmissions. If they can handle ~250tq if it comes on at high enough RPMs then this would be the route to go. The goal is the have it either on a button controller or have it triggered by VTEC engagement. I haven't seen anyone really speak to nitrous since everyone either has the 1.5T or the 2.0T and it's easier and more reliable to make power with other mods.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is there a way to tune for nitrous? I'm not trying to annihilate my engine with a 100+ shot but deciding if it would be possible to run a 35-50 wet shot to help with the lack of power. I understand it will affect the AFR and will need custom tuning but does KTuner support something like this?
Not sure why you would need custom tuning with nitrous (35-50 wet shot). You will have the extra fuel you need with the fuel jet you install. If needed, you could use the Ktuner to add any additional fuel (Or pull back some) where necessary as well as make any ignition timing changes for extra protection. But I wouldn't think a tune is needed but optimal (Meaning...it can't hurt to get a tune on top of your nitrous setup's safety features).
Sponsored