2.0L CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
sorry my english are bad anyway i finally got my Ktuner i tried vtec at 5300rpm and it goes BRRRRRRRR and i love the throttle response 2 car feels awake right now.

90mph with vtec it feels great but car at that speed it feels sensitive feels like im going to slip. i drove in the highway i feel confident because i know i have potential to overtake some vehicles and even this car is stock it also great on highway but with tuned it adds power maybe because of the throttle response.

hopefully my CVT will survive at least 5 years but im not a guy who do 0 to 60 testing or dead stop then floor it. if i want to accelerate fast i start on 40 or 50mph then floor it slowly.

yeah bang for the buck i spent front lip,side skirt,CB mirrorcap ,rear diffuser etc. so why not KTUNER. at first im scared because of reliability but i backread GTMAN thread about realibilty thread and i read a lot of positive there and life too short :) drive safe guys

opppps EDIT: thank you KTUNER!

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Refill my fuel from 87 octane to 93 octane chevron i dont know if placebo effect but engine run smoother and quiet and i like it feells more responsive.ill stick to 93octane.

i tried to burst again(testing the 93octane) and i reached 110mph well i think i slip a little so stop there.

before(stock tune) on freeway when i reach 80mph feels like the car dont want to move anymore anyway im done testing the speed,response and vtec. I will drive normal now but i will agrresive burst if im in the mood or when passing.

do you know guys where to buy a ktuner decals? I searched on google but i cant find one. Because if i service my car i will remove this decal.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
before(stock tune) on freeway when i reach 80mph feels like the car dont want to move anymore
See, I never had that issue on the (sadly still) stock tune. I have easily had my car to 110 mph and when I was last in Maine, I was on the I-95 doing 80 like it was normal.

All this pandemic and me hardly driving (I work from home now), I haven't had the desire to get the KTuner at all. Hopefully that will break soon (My lack of desire, working from home is forever now) and I will treat myself :)

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
See, I never had that issue on the (sadly still) stock tune. I have easily had my car to 110 mph and when I was last in Maine, I was on the I-95 doing 80 like it was normal.

All this pandemic and me hardly driving (I work from home now), I haven't had the desire to get the KTuner at all. Hopefully that will break soon (My lack of desire, working from home is forever now) and I will treat myself :)
but i never floor it really hard. 80mph its easy on stock tune but after 80mph it feels slow to achieve 100mph i mean im not flooring it no matter how hard i press the pedal the rpm goes up but car feels like dont want to go to 100mph feels like more air only lol.

now i can tell the difference stock vs tuned its really worth it for me. i can do 100mph on stock tune but if you compare how i press the pedal stock vs tuned or how fast to achieve 100mph stock vs tuned its day and night. so easy now and fast. if youre in the mood you can zzzooooommmm

Last edited:

Bru87tr

Refill my fuel from 87 octane to 93 octane chevron i dont know if placebo effect but engine run smoother and quiet and i like it feells more responsive.ill stick to 93octane.

i tried to burst again(testing the 93octane) and i reached 110mph well i think i slip a little so stop there.

before(stock tune) on freeway when i reach 80mph feels like the car dont want to move anymore anyway im done testing the speed,response and vtec. I will drive normal now but i will agrresive burst if im in the mood or when passing.

do you know guys where to buy a ktuner decals? I searched on google but i cant find one. Because if i service my car i will remove this decal.
Should have got some in your box.

Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time DCB2CFE0-CC94-42E1-939A-2F549FEC0A9E

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Should have got some in your box.

DCB2CFE0-CC94-42E1-939A-2F549FEC0A9E.jpeg
yeah i got four decals too but i only need the white one for my tinted rear side window. Because if i service my car to the dealer i will remove it. My car is 4 years old with almost 27k miles on it i believe i still have cvt warranty(not sure)

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
so easy now and fast. if youre in the mood you can zzzooooommmm
Oh I have NO doubt it will be a near night and day feeling to be sure! I just don't find my car outrageously slow. But I could also have mentally accounted for this so whenever I finally do go for a KTuner, I will be delighted :)

V3N0M_VZL4

First Name
Mauricio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Country flag

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have a question or suggestion if anyone want to help me, will incorporating this intake provide any gain or improvement in my car's IAT? Do I need to make any modifications to the ktunner so that it doesn't give me any error codes? i already have installed the drop in filter from K&N.

Option 1:
https://afepower.com/afe-power-56-10007r-takeda-stage-2-pro-5r-cold-air-intake-system

Option 2:
https://www.knfilters.com/63-3517-performance-air-intake-system

thanks in advance.
For our NA cars, it is likely a VERY small gain. Most Hondas have been CAI for a long time. The intake actually starts right at the grille and has a dedicated vent right out to the grille. This is like that on the Civic, CRV for several models, the Ridgeline and likely many others that I haven't seen under the hood of yet.

The most important change is decreasing the turbulence and therefore reduced airflow, that happens when the bends in the pipe are not smoothed out. But again, the amount of suction from a 2 liter NA engine, not sure it is worth it for any more than the awesome induction sound it makes. But that is me justifying why I won't spend the money on my car.

Bru87tr

Oh I have NO doubt it will be a near night and day feeling to be sure! I just don't find my car outrageously slow. But I could also have mentally accounted for this so whenever I finally do go for a KTuner, I will be delighted :)
It’s outrageously slow. :)

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
I have a question or suggestion if anyone want to help me, will incorporating this intake provide any gain or improvement in my car's IAT? Do I need to make any modifications to the ktunner so that it doesn't give me any error codes? i already have installed the drop in filter from K&N.

Option 1:
https://afepower.com/afe-power-56-10007r-takeda-stage-2-pro-5r-cold-air-intake-system

Option 2:
https://www.knfilters.com/63-3517-performance-air-intake-system

thanks in advance.
I have that K&N short ram ... it’s the best one I’ve had in terms of quality, IAT, sound and power gains ...
I’ve previously had the HPS intake and the AEM intake for my 2016 LX 6 speed ...

I wish that takeda one was out before I bought my K&N short ram ...
I will say the K&N comes with a velocity stack too :)

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Hi guys im planning to change my car battery. Removing my battery it will remove my tuned or do i need to flash it again after new battery install? Sorry about my grammar.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
It’s not going to remove your tune if you change out the battery.
Sponsored