jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Well I finally got around to uploading the new tune and it's pretty great. VTEC coming in 300 RPM sooner is definitely noticeable even on the CVT and it does make the transition into it smoother as many others have said. I floored it for the first time in a while today and I forgot that these little 2.0 engines actually have a pretty aggressive sound :cool: ,
Sponsored

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
Well I finally got around to uploading the new tune and it's pretty great. VTEC coming in 300 RPM sooner is definitely noticeable even on the CVT and it does make the transition into it smoother as many others have said. I floored it for the first time in a while today and I forgot that these little 2.0 engines actually have a pretty aggressive sound :cool: ,
I have the @RV6 downpipe with OEM exhaust and the exhaust note you get from 2000 to 3500 rpm is a great sound

Michael's FC2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX sedan
Country flag
@KTuner
When I tried to download the new tune, it first made update the receiver ( or the thing you plug in the car lol) after I did that I told me to update the K-tuner software. After I plugged it into the car... Keeps telling me that I need to update the software right after I plug it into the car... Very frustrated because I have everything updated...
Honda Civic 10th gen CivicX 2.0L Tuning - BIG Gains Confirmed For The Second Time IMG_20200519_165153

Bru87tr

I updated my software first, then it asked me to update firmware. Probably the better way to do it. No problems.

OP
OP
KTuner

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Download the software from the website and install it. Make sure you're not running an older installer that you previously downloaded.

groenek

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Can tubing the 2.0 sport cause any problems or do damage to your power train?

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Just reflashed for the 2nd time in 3 months. had that update window pop up. But had no issues. This is my 6th time flashing my 2.0na. Never ran into any issues.

when the update showed up, I immediately downloaded it but didn’t flash my car for weeks.
went to flash today and it said update is there again. So I went back in the house and updated it via WiFi. And then flashed. If both are not updated, it might not let you flash. If all else fails, Unlock the unit from the car/ecu. And then try again with everything re-installed new. Also make sure your laptop has WiFi. My condo isn’t near where I park so the laptop can’t connect. Either use your phone’s hotspot or go park in a Starbucks parking lot with WiFi.

Last edited:

_wrenchlife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2019 CRV EX-L (wife’s car)
Country flag
How much does the tune help out throttle response from a stand still? It’s slower then a frog with a brick on its ass off the line.

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
How much does the tune help out throttle response from a stand still? It’s slower then a frog with a brick on its ass off the line.
you can also just get a pedal commander ... that will help the throttle response even more ...with this the car will respond likeold cars with a traditional throttle cable

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
you can also just get a pedal commander ... that will help the throttle response even more ...with this the car will respond likeold cars with a traditional throttle cable
Except the price is so close that getting the KTuner is the better overall value. But I get it if someone wants a less invasive option.

chuenoona

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2001 Acura CL Type-S
Country flag
Except the price is so close that getting the KTuner is the better overall value. But I get it if someone wants a less invasive option.
agreed .. I got mine used because it does cost a lot new, saved about $100.

also I have a pedal commander to sell if anyone is interested... it’s for the
2016-18 LX/EX K20C2

_wrenchlife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2019 CRV EX-L (wife’s car)
Country flag
agreed .. I got mine used because it does cost a lot new, saved about $100.

also I have a pedal commander to sell if anyone is interested... it’s for the
2016-18 LX/EX K20C2
how much for the pedal Commander shipped to 45805? And would that be the same for a 2020 k20 too