Civic X Trim Levels

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Do you all expect the 2016-17 Civic line up to keep the same basic trim levels as the newly revised one for 2015? ... LX, SE, EX, EX-L, Si, Type R?

I feel like Honda needs to simplify their trim levels, especially if the new generation has more focus on sportiness and presumably less on luxury etc.
Sponsored

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
The SE trim will go away. Honda only does those on last-model-year vehicles.

I don't think it's so complicated: LX - Base, EX - Middle Ground (most appeal, best seller), EX-L - Luxury/Leather, Si - Sport Compact, Type-R - Halo Car

hothatchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf Mark5
Will the sedan, coupe, and hatch variants be available in all markets for Gen X?

OP
OP

///Mookster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The SE trim will go away. Honda only does those on last-model-year vehicles.

I don't think it's so complicated: LX - Base, EX - Middle Ground (most appeal, best seller), EX-L - Luxury/Leather, Si - Sport Compact, Type-R - Halo Car
Ah right, forgot about the SE trim bit being last model year.
I'd prefer some renaming of the trim levels at least. But also wouldn't mind the trim levels to be more about improved performance bits and less about luxury which could just be offered as options for each trim level.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Will the sedan, coupe, and hatch variants be available in all markets for Gen X?
Sounds like that's the plan for the major markets. Hatchback returning to the US is probably the biggest change in terms of offerings globally and I'm curious how it'll actually sell.
US buyers aren't as big on hatches as the rest of the world. Traditionally they see them as econoboxes but things have changed in last few years i think.

10thG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Sounds like that's the plan for the major markets. Hatchback returning to the US is probably the biggest change in terms of offerings globally and I'm curious how it'll actually sell.
US buyers aren't as big on hatches as the rest of the world. Traditionally they see them as econoboxes but things have changed in last few years i think.
Even if the return of the hatchback doesnt sell like hotcakes in the US it should still add to the overall # of Civics sold and Honda's bottom line. I just hope that they really do bring back 'sporty' to gen X cars because there's nothing worst than a hot hatch that doesn't perform so hot :doh:

Tap Out

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 CRV
Even if the return of the hatchback doesnt sell like hotcakes in the US it should still add to the overall # of Civics sold and Honda's bottom line. I just hope that they really do bring back 'sporty' to gen X cars because there's nothing worst than a hot hatch that doesn't perform so hot :doh:
With both the hatchback and Type R coming to the US I don't think being a sporty generation of Civic is going to be an issue.
Sponsored