jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Wanted to start a thread to see and hear feedback from those of you using a flexfuel kit. How long Have you had it? Any troubles? What % do you like to keep yours at? What’s your 0-60 times? What your butt dyno say? The more info the better
I’ll start
I have a 2016 Sedan touring.
All I have for the engine is a 27Won intake, 27Won rmm, Hondata, sirimoto flexfuel kit.

I’ve been running Hondata +6psi w/flexfuel for about 7 weeks now. Little over 5000 miles. Typically I’ll do every other tank with E85. 91 then a 91/E85 mix. I try to keep it around 40%. Today I did a 0-60 test with Hondata “race track” mode that gives you all your stats. Said I did 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. Which honestly surprises me. Almost have my doubts. But hey I’ll take it. I currently have all season tires and it shows. They spin like crazy even with Hondata traction control.

Side note, I read on sirimotos flexfuel kit that peak performance is at E70. Anyone take it up that high?
Sponsored

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Physics-based peak power on an ethanol blend is E30-E40.

I've had on the PRL kit for a few weeks. I'm driving so little it's a shame. Had to take of my all seasons after the upgrade. Even on my lower performance tune I had tire spin with part. throttle when lights turned green.
I'm going to adjust BBG on my custom tune when I have an opportunity- what I have no longer keeps the tires from spinning.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been on flex fuel for a few months now and I always run 30-40%. It runs smoother, my knock control stays at .49 and it’s considerably faster than straight pump gas. I am full bolt on with W1, e tuned by DRob though. No clue what my 0-60 is but it is slow because I’m also on Goodyear all season. 1-2 gear is useless because it just spins.

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Thanks for the updates! I recently got mine up to 50% out of curiosity. And that extra 10% made a hell of a difference.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the updates! I recently got mine up to 50% out of curiosity. And that extra 10% made a hell of a difference.
That's a result of the ignition map of your tune. A lot of the OTS Tunes with ethanol enabled ratchet up the ignition advance with ethanol content based on general non-L15b7 experience. Check the forums or online for the benchmarking Vit did with Ethanol Blends. 30-40% is the known sweet-spot. The reduction in energy content and need to inject more fuel above this range are detractors.

OP
OP
jacobegg

jacobegg

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
That's a result of the ignition map of your tune. A lot of the OTS Tunes with ethanol enabled ratchet up the ignition advance with ethanol content based on general non-L15b7 experience. Check the forums or online for the benchmarking Vit did with Ethanol Blends. 30-40% is the known sweet-spot. The reduction in energy content and need to inject more fuel above this range are detractors.
Yea this is what I read on it. 30%-40% on custom tune, but up to 70% on Hondata’s base map

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic X and E85 AFA8D211-3530-4A1E-93FC-2B45C53F9569
Sponsored