Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with driving against a 328i and how’d it go? My buddy has a 2016 one and swears it’s the best thing ever, I’d be glad to hear your experiences!!

update
I raced him this Saturday I’m curently running a Prl cobra Race and a 21 psi starter tune, I got smoked on dig and 20 roll :(
Sponsored

Last edited:

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with driving against a 328i and how’d it go? My buddy has a 2016 one and swears it’s the best thing ever, I’d be glad to hear your experiences!!
my best bud has a e90 2013 (i think) 328xi. my old '17 touring cvt bone stock would pull on rolls, no chance from a dig due to awd vs fwd. my new '20 Si beats the pants off him, dig or roll. i am almost fbo so a stock Si may or may not perform as well.

OP
OP
Xlohen

Xlohen

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
my best bud has a e90 2013 (i think) 328xi. my old '17 touring cvt bone stock would pull on rolls, no chance from a dig due to awd vs fwd. my new '20 Si beats the pants off him, dig or roll. i am almost fbo so a stock Si may or may not perform as well.
Is the e90 stock? And damn I kinda wish I got an Si, my buddy has FBO on his 328i and I feel like I stood no chance when I was stock cause of the CVT, but I wanna run it again soon after I buy the phearable tune to see if I can even keep up.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is the e90 stock? And damn I kinda wish I got an Si, my buddy has FBO on his 328i and I feel like I stood no chance when I was stock cause of the CVT, but I wanna run it again soon after I buy the phearable tune to see if I can even keep up.
intake and exhaust, no tune as of yet

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Take it from a dude with 6 BMW’s in his garage. Your friend is grossly hyping up the 3 series. That’s not to say it isn’t a good car. It’s is. Cabin is really nice, it’s quick, and it’s a good size.

But it suffers from the same issue as all modern BMWs. It’s kinda soulless. Handling is very numb. Road feel is non-existent. Despite the car being quick it’s not exactly exhilarating. I don’t care for the auto box at all. Like, the CVT in my hatchback felt better if that tells you anything.

If he was talking about an M240i or something, then I would agree with him. But a 328i? Nah, fam. The Civic, despite being slower and dramatically less fancy, is a better “driver’s car”.

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do the 2013s come turbocharged like the new ones? And how you liking the Si?
nah no turbo just the straight 6.
i'm loving the si. watching videos from @cameron.hill made me get rid of my old '17 touring and hop on the Si train. i'm almost fbo, just a downpipe and exhaust needed. I'm really having a hard time with that though, since it's hard to justify dropping a g note on something with minimal performance gains. the muffler delete i have is plenty sound, and combined with a new dp i think it will be perfect. new exhaust for sure if/when i choose to go big turbo.
a clutch is up top in terms of necessity since i've noticed it slipping a bit, which sucks especially since im only at 10k miles on the odo.
otherwise it'll be creature comforts and aesthetics for now. i'm placing a big order on @Unity Performance soon; lowering springs, throttle spacer, fk8 shifter w/upgrades, and perhaps the act hd clutch kit. i really need a polish for my car since i've been taking it through the automatic car scratcher, and i really want new wheels and tires, specifically aodhan ds08 and michelin ps4s 245/40/18x8.5+35. new taillights coming in too, ebay special. i want to black this car out.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Take it from a dude with 6 BMW’s in his garage. Your friend is grossly hyping up the 3 series. That’s not to say it isn’t a good car. It’s is. Cabin is really nice, it’s quick, and it’s a good size.

But it suffers from the same issue as all modern BMWs. It’s kinda soulless. Handling is very numb. Road feel is non-existent. Despite the car being quick it’s not exactly exhilarating. I don’t care for the auto box at all. Like, the CVT in my hatchback felt better if that tells you anything.

If he was talking about an M240i or something, then I would agree with him. But a 328i? Nah, fam. The Civic, despite being slower and dramatically less fancy, is a better “driver’s car”.
My buddy had an E46 330ci ZHP. No M3, but HELLA fun to drive! Those were the glory days for BMW churning out affordable driver's cars... *sigh*

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My buddy had an E46 330ci ZHP. No M3, but HELLA fun to drive! Those were the glory days for BMW churning out affordable driver's cars... *sigh*
I still have an e46 328XI. Those cars definitely had a feel that you’d be hard pressed to find these days. The heft of the steering can give you some forearm muscle and with Koni suspension it rides absolutely on rails. New 3 series don’t feel anything remotely like it.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
If it’s a 6cylinder turbo you have no chance brother

Sal

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Country flag
I know people love to shit on bmw reliability but man I test drove a 2020 bmw m340i and Boi its like 5 times faster than my civic, it's such a drivers carz...if it wasn't for money I'd trade immediately, ain't no civic beating that car unless HIGHLY MODIFIED

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag

I agree, drove BMWs for 15 years before switching to the 2017 6mT Sport hatch which was more fun than a run of the mill 328 these days. It would take an M2 comp to get me out of the Si.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I agree, drove BMWs for 15 years before switching to the 2017 6mT Sport hatch which was more fun than a run of the mill 328 these days. It would take an M2 comp to get me out of the Si.
My wife has an M2 Comp and it’s so good, but she always insists on driving ?

KOIVUN1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si CBP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A 2013 328 should be the F30 so it's a 2.0L turbo. I think a 2012 would be the 2.5L six.
maybe its not 2013 then, not my car so i'm not sure but i do know its an e90 that is for sure
Sponsored