Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Not your usual comparison, but still a fun view -- here's a review comparing a Civic Type R to a Mustang Bullitt, a special edition Mustang with +20 hp and +15 lb-ft over the standard 5.0L Mustang GT.

Price:
Civic Type R - $35,700
Mustang Bullitt - $46,595

Specs - Type R / Bullitt:
306 hp / 480 hp
295 lb-ft / 420 lb-ft
2.0 L 4-cylinder / 5.0 L V8
22 city and 28 highway / 15 city and 24 highway
3,117 lbs / 3,705 lbs

Comparison by Throttle House:

James and Thomas take the new 2019 Honda Civic Type R and pit it against the Special Edition Ford Mustang Bullitt. With massive followings from both sides of the muscle/tuner spectrum, the boys explore the cars driving dynamics and what they are like to live with every day. Why do they have such huge followings? Is it deserved? Exterior and interior styling comparisons help figure out which one takes it in the looks department, and the back roads do the rest. Watch to see the outcome.

Sponsored

Zedaine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very fun video and gotta love Throttle House. They really love cars.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
The Administrator has spoken. Thou shall watch Throttle House :bat:.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Awesome video.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man that Mustang sounds pretty sweet....
In person it’s just annoying. I test drove a couple of these before I bought the R. Can’t hear yourself think inside the car. Drives like a boat around curves. It is good at what it is. I love American muscle, but apparently without knowing it, I like Japanese engineering better.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love how they make multiple references to this forum when discussing the Type R. :) Fantastic video, both of these cars are badass in their own ways. That 5.0 sounds amazing.

Typer94

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type r
Country flag
Do they race the cars? I’m lazy and don’t wonna watch the video to find out with bad internet at work lol. I mean obviously the mustang would win if they did just curious by how much!

Typernut

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic typeR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love the video as well , I’ve seen and tested both and own a type R . I love the feeling the Type R has and the confidence hanging an on ramp at 75 and feeling planted . It’s my little super car I love it . Mustang is sick but I like this better

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I thoroughly enjoyed this video, thanks for sharing.

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Hey Admin, what about a feature on the CTR vs Veloster N video from The Straight Pipes?

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Q60 RWD 3.0, 1998 6th Gen Honda Accord (400K+ Miles, Still running strong)
Country flag
In person it’s just annoying. I test drove a couple of these before I bought the R. Can’t hear yourself think inside the car. Drives like a boat around curves. It is good at what it is. I love American muscle, but apparently without knowing it, I like Japanese engineering better.
You know I been curious about this, I test drove my friend's 2018 Mustang GT, I drove it on the streets and basically just straight. I didn't wanna push it in the corners because...i wasn't confident about it.

Driving a BRZ and S2000 I don't think a Mustang is going to out handle them, sure it may look like it'll handle better because it has power to hide it but from my experience driving one it doesn't have the same confidence and feel as an S2K or a BRZ. The Mustang def was fun to drive, and I love the coyote sound but I really don't think it handles as well as some of the cars I'm used to.

But I've read so many people praise the new 2015+ S550 chassis about the handling and how much better it is....but I don't know about that, I'm wondering if it's because this Mustang is much better at handling than the previous generations which is why people praise it.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
You know I been curious about this, I test drove my friend's 2018 Mustang GT, I drove it on the streets and basically just straight. I didn't wanna push it in the corners because...i wasn't confident about it.

Driving a BRZ and S2000 I don't think a Mustang is going to out handle them, sure it may look like it'll handle better because it has power to hide it but from my experience driving one it doesn't have the same confidence and feel as an S2K or a BRZ. The Mustang def was fun to drive, and I love the coyote sound but I really don't think it handles as well as some of the cars I'm used to.

But I've read so many people praise the new 2015+ S550 chassis about the handling and how much better it is....but I don't know about that, I'm wondering if it's because this Mustang is much better at handling than the previous generations which is why people praise it.
That's exactly it- previous Mustangs were anything but handling monsters. Then the S550 came out and people lost their marbles with how well it handles... But truth be told, I'm sure even a GT is setup to be soft. The average buyer is 40-50 years old. Most want a sporty looking car with a bit of grunt, but not an all out race car.

I'm sure with a set of coil overs and beefed up sway bars, an S550 would be a completely different animal... But then again, so would any car for that matter :p
Sponsored