Civic Type R vs Focus RS

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Also, should we be comparing the Type R Touring to the Focus RS Platinum, which means the Ford is $10k more?

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
The RS is in a different category than the Type R. RS competes with the STI and Golf R.

The Type R is on it's own. Two different vehicles.

The RS interior will be a lot more cramped for all passengers vs the Type R. The layout of the Civic interior is 100% better. Honda's little ipad is inferior to Sync3(unless Honda has upgraded it's system in the TypeR).

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CRX - 2017 FK8 TypeR
Country flag
The RS is in a different category than the Type R. RS competes with the STI and Golf R.

The Type R is on it's own. Two different vehicles.

The RS interior will be a lot more cramped for all passengers vs the Type R. The layout of the Civic interior is 100% better. Honda's little ipad is inferior to Sync3(unless Honda has upgraded it's system in the TypeR).
the sync system that has the highest negative reviews of all in car systems? sure, it's better than sync 1, or sync 2..... but to call it inferior to a car play/android auto system seems biased.

the R competes with the RS, and bests it in quite a few actual situations. this 2017 R is better than the 2016 R;

and we agree it has a better interior than the RS - so; why would anyone except ford fans want to pay more, for that?

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
the sync system that has the highest negative reviews of all in car systems? sure, it's better than sync 1, or sync 2..... but to call it inferior to a car play/android auto system seems biased.

the R competes with the RS, and bests it in all actual situations except for DIG racing. this 2017 R is better than the 2016 R;
Biased? I have both systems. There is no bias here. Sync3 has car play and android auto. The fact is the Honda system is slow and crashes just about every time you start up the car. Yes, it has the latest software from Honda.

We will see what the TypeR can do against the RS here in the States. No one has their hands on a Type R yet.

youCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1292 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
2018 Ford Focus RS Limited Edition:
  • Ford followed Focus RS enthusiast conversations on blogs, forums and Facebook groups, which helped inspire the new 2018 limited-edition Focus RS
  • Limited-edition Focus RS to deliver enhanced driving experience with new standard mechanical limited-slip differential to improve performance, unique interior and exterior styling, and new color combinations
  • 1,500 Focus RS vehicles for United States and Canada offer customers last chance to get their hands on this generation of Ford’s critically acclaimed performance hatchback

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Biased? I have both systems. There is no bias here. Sync3 has car play and android auto. The fact is the Honda system is slow and crashes just about every time you start up the car. Yes, it has the latest software from Honda.

We will see what the TypeR can do against the RS here in the States. No one has their hands on a Type R yet.
sounds like we both have issues - I've had a f150 had it's entertainment system replaced 3 times, it locks up if you turn on the radio. (2016 f150) - and it's slower than the 2017 civic ST that I have (when it works) if something crashes that much, and you accept it, that's pretty shitty on both parties. (it should be replaced, since it's not normal)

we will see, of course, that's an easy way to not admit the facts that it's been proven to be a pretty shitty car here in the states, the Euro RS is slightly better all-around and it already lost to LAST YEARS R. we don't have to wait to know what is already true.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
  • Ford followed Focus RS enthusiast conversations on blogs, forums and Facebook groups, which helped inspire the new 2018 limited-edition Focus RS
  • Limited-edition Focus RS to deliver enhanced driving experience with new standard mechanical limited-slip differential to improve performance, unique interior and exterior styling, and new color combinations
  • 1,500 Focus RS vehicles for United States and Canada offer customers last chance to get their hands on this generation of Ford’s critically acclaimed performance hatchback
Looks like a big scam from Ford trying to sell off the remaining 2,000 RS's collecting dust on the Ford dealers. It'll be even worse when the Type R is finally released.

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
it REALLLLLLLLLY needed a LSD. still wondering if they did fix the overheating of the diff controller... another way to milk 50K from ford owners.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
sounds like we both have issues - I've had a f150 had it's entertainment system replaced 3 times, it locks up if you turn on the radio. (2016 f150) - and it's slower than the 2017 civic ST that I have (when it works) if something crashes that much, and you accept it, that's pretty shitty on both parties. (it should be replaced, since it's not normal)

we will see, of course, that's an easy way to not admit the facts that it's been proven to be a pretty shitty car here in the states, the Euro RS is slightly better all-around and it already lost to LAST YEARS R. we don't have to wait to know what is already true.
Please link me to where it was proven to be a "shitty car here in the states"...Ill wait. Either way, I hold the Type R to be more special than the RS.

Last edited:

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Please link me to where it was proven to be a "shitty car here in the states"...Ill wait. Either way, I hold the Type R to be more special than the RS.
Wait...did you link a video to a video game drag race?! :crazy:

Dr_Drache

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Please link me to where it was proven to be a "shitty car here in the states"...Ill wait.

Here is my bias.

It's already "TRUE" I guess.
can anyone take you seriously when you post a videogame video? guess you missed the other video posts - and can't be bothered to find videos that arn't forza or one's that are 100% biased.

please - tell me how a wet track test is at all an objective test? using cellphone timers? really - please try harder next time.

The Type-R is also faster at these tracks:
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/grand-tour-eboladrome
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/circuit-de-nevers-magny-cours-gp

Focus RS did it's Nurburgring lap...8:06.
type-R (2016) 7:50
Type-R (2017) 7:45.8 IIRC

not sure what else to say.

I will stand corrected thought - it seems the actual reported failures are within the standard levels for national ford quality. so, in that it's not a BAD car.
Sponsored