Civic Type R US Sales Numbers (to date)

Unyot

First Name
Unyot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX-S aspec/CTR
Does the Badge numbers correspond with the total worldwide CTR sales or is it Country specific?
Sponsored

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Wonder how many are sitting on lots that won't sell..:hmm:
I live in SoCal and these cars hardly sit in lots. They all sell fairly quickly even with a small amount of adm. Currently there is more demand than supply. Not sure if it will change for 2019 if the supply increases.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
If you take out the first month which was likely higher due to an initial supply bump, the average comes in around 345 CTR's per month. Over 12 months that would equate to about 4100 units. Sounds reasonable.
Curious what the numbers are on the Si as well.. I can't imagine they sell more (much more?) than 5000/yr, considering they are all manual transmissions.

HondaSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R CBP
Country flag
Does the Badge numbers correspond with the total worldwide CTR sales or is it Country specific?
The badge numbers are definitely worldwide. I’m just curious if any numbers were skipped or excluded. It would be cool to know the total units produced worldwide.

OP
OP

LOL

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I wonder how those #'s compare to STi , RS and Golf R sales.
I have info on every car manufacturer and can get this, but it takes time to put together. I'll get to it when I can.

ChampwhiteFK8

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW Type R
Country flag
I live in SoCal and these cars hardly sit in lots. They all sell fairly quickly even with a small amount of adm. Currently there is more demand than supply. Not sure if it will change for 2019 if the supply increases.
Yeah I live in SoCal as well, Oceanside. And my local dealer has had theirs sitting for a while now. But they are charging $10k ADM. So that was my general thought, wonder how many are sitting on lots cause of the high ADM.

nunusguy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Here is CA they tend to sit on the lot much longer because of the huge dealer markup. All three dealerships in my immediate area have TypeR's collecting dust. Some have been there over a year and even one since the 2017 launch. I know because I tried to get one for MSRP cash in hand about 2 months ago and was laughed of the lot.
I know little about the automobile business but I did think that most dealers wanted to turn over their inventory as rapidly as possible to realize profits and then replace said inventory with new inventory which in turn could be sold quickly for more profits. I mean if cars just set there the dealer is paying interest on working capital to keep them on the lot, but like I said I dunno much about the car business ?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I know little about the automobile business but I did think that most dealers wanted to turn over their inventory as rapidly as possible to realize profits and then replace said inventory with new inventory which in turn could be sold quickly for more profits. I mean if cars just set there the dealer is paying interest on working capital to keep them on the lot, but like I said I dunno much about the car business ?
This is a fancy top line vehicle. It looks good in showrooms and if you can keep it a little longer to make an additional 5k profit, it kind of makes sense why the dealers do it. It’s still greedy and not cool in my book, but it’s capitalism at its finest.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
These numbers are just a little lower than the highest VINs I've seen for '18s on CarGurus (high 4000s) so to me these numbers make sense, particularly given they're sales numbers and not dealer delivery numbers.

Nath

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
These numbers are just a little lower than the highest VINs I've seen for '18s on CarGurus (high 4000s) so to me these numbers make sense, particularly given they're sales numbers and not dealer delivery numbers.
I saw a photo of the CTR online and knew I that was my next car,..but I had to wait 2 months. In the last year in Las Vegas I have only seen ONE other CTR besides mine. It's a rare car and so gets tons of attention in parking lots by car fans.

mPlasticDesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BRZ, 2011bmwM3, 2011 1M Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is a fancy top line vehicle. It looks good in showrooms and if you can keep it a little longer to make an additional 5k profit, it kind of makes sense why the dealers do it. It’s still greedy and not cool in my book, but it’s capitalism at its finest.
It's not smart capitalism tho. Especially when you consider this car is really not a limited production car. Honda is willing to make as many as dealerships can sell. Not to mention, it hurts the brand and really turns people off. You can't expect brand loyalty. I've gone to a different manufacturer for my daily car purchase since I could not get a Type R for MSRP in a 100mile radius here in NorCal. I appreciate car manufacturers who reward dealerships with additional allocations when they sell at MSRP and limit allocations to dealership with $5-15k ADM.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here is CA they tend to sit on the lot much longer because of the huge dealer markup. All three dealerships in my immediate area have TypeR's collecting dust. Some have been there over a year and even one since the 2017 launch. I know because I tried to get one for MSRP cash in hand about 2 months ago and was laughed of the lot.
If you really want one that bad and really serious about owning one that you had 36k in your hand ready to purchase, why not just fly to a dealer that sells for MSRP and drive it home?

Nath

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
If you really want one that bad and really serious about owning one that you had 36k in your hand ready to purchase, why not just fly to a dealer that sells for MSRP and drive it home?
I paid an extra 5 grand over MSRP to order my 2018 CTR in Vegas. I did call around SoCal and Arizona and couldn't find one in stock with less than that 5 grand mark up. But, even with the extra 5 grand, it was still a lot cheaper than the Tesla Model 3 I had on reservation--those bums kept raising the price and wait time until it became a joke.
Sponsored