LOL

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I didn't find anything on this when I searched so thought I would share the info I have on sales numbers. What you see is info I have compiled on CTR sales in the US. I believe these sales to be directionally correct. I am estimating a +/- error of 2%.

Where did I get this information? All I can say is I work for a supplier where I am able to track all of the data that is reported. Most dealers are good about this, but there are few cases in which a sale may go unreported. Hope this is insightful.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R US Sales Numbers (to date) CTR
Sponsored

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
If you take out the first month which was likely higher due to an initial supply bump, the average comes in around 345 CTR's per month. Over 12 months that would equate to about 4100 units. Sounds reasonable.

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
Wonder how many are sitting on lots that won't sell..:hmm:
While I agree it’s a hard sell, there are people who follow c and d and such and the type r has destroyed records in performance so it ends up being a high value car. I’ve only seen 2 in my area but the dealership said they sold 5 of them in 6 months

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
They dont sit on lots. Most are sold before they even come in. The only ones that sit on lots are the ones the dealers marked up added assecories through the roof or dont really want to sell.it in order to draw customers in. Other then that the R I'm guessing has high sales numbers I never see one on a lot ever.

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Yeah all the ones at my local dealer sell immediately or are pre sold via a waiting list. But my dealer isn't greedy and sells at MSRP.

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag

mPlasticDesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BRZ, 2011bmwM3, 2011 1M Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They dont sit on lots. Most are sold before they even come in. The only ones that sit on lots are the ones the dealers marked up added assecories through the roof or dont really want to sell.it in order to draw customers in. Other then that the R I'm guessing has high sales numbers I never see one on a lot ever.
Here is CA they tend to sit on the lot much longer because of the huge dealer markup. All three dealerships in my immediate area have TypeR's collecting dust. Some have been there over a year and even one since the 2017 launch. I know because I tried to get one for MSRP cash in hand about 2 months ago and was laughed of the lot.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Here is CA they tend to sit on the lot much longer because of the huge dealer markup. All three dealerships in my immediate area have TypeR's collecting dust. Some have been there over a year and even one since the 2017 launch. I know because I tried to get one for MSRP cash in hand about 2 months ago and was laughed of the lot.
That's my point, the only ones sitting are ridiculous. If not for mark ups, if sold at MSRP. I could safely say every type r would sell before delivery. I would say it would have a 100% sold rate with zero inventory available. Side note if a car has been sitting since launch unsold because of mark up then that should give them a clue. My guess is they want to keep it there to draw people in and then when they wont pay 10k mark up they point them at the higher profit regular civics.

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
https://hondainamerica.com/investment-map/#!national|dealerships|employment

1064 car dealers in the US.

350 CTRs sold per month roughly..

350/1064 = .33 cars per dealer per month average.. But I am sure sales are skewed towards large cities and the coasts. I would think some dealers never even see a CTR unless the manager orders one for himself ;)
When I bought my 2018, it was the first new one the dealership had on the floor. The first one was bought by the manager or owner, so it was taken off the truck and then was gone. Then they sold it back to dealership after a couple of months and then the dealership sold it for about the same price as a new one. The one I bought was on the floor for about maybe 1/2 a day after getting off the truck, getting tint and then put on the floor. Sales people were taking pictures of it as I was driving it away.

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
When I bought my 2018, it was the first new one the dealership had on the floor. The first one was bought by the manager or owner, so it was taken off the truck and then was gone. Then they sold it back to dealership after a couple of months and then the dealership sold it for about the same price as a new one. The one I bought was on the floor for about maybe 1/2 a day after getting off the truck, getting tint and then put on the floor. Sales people were taking pictures of it as I was driving it away.
Post a pic please.

CWTypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Civic Type R # 20866 and a 2009 Acura TSX for the daily grind....
Country flag
I have been wondering the actual US counts myself....Hope we can get some detail soon....