Civic Type R Rear Lip on Sedan Si?

Driggz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Could it fit? With some modifications?

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Rear Lip on Sedan Si? honda-civic-type-r-2018-geneva-14

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Rear Lip on Sedan Si? 2017-Honda-Civic-SI-Sedan-rear-end

Orlando_Type_R

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
This would be amazing... i would like to see an entire Type R body kit on an Si.

Doc_C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
By the time you spend all the money on Type R stuff, and for some the installation, you're well within the ballpark of the price of the Type R. Then you're just left with a really expensive Si

*edit* Here's an excellent article from Jalopnik about this when the Type R first launched.

They guesstimate $2k for painting everything. If you've ever had anything painted, you'll know that price is beyond super conservative.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Driggz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Well I just wanted to know if just the rear diffuser on the type r could fit the bottom lip of the sedan...

wopsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Looking at both pictures it would be a close fit, but the sides of the bumper where the faux vents meet are angle outward on the type r more than the si.

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Looking at both pictures it would be a close fit, but the sides of the bumper where the faux vents meet are angle outward on the type r more than the si.
I tried, the bumper on the hatch/type r is actually wider than the sedan, and on the sides where it leads up to the wheel well the type r is shorter.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Rear Lip on Sedan Si? IMG_2153.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Rear Lip on Sedan Si? IMG_2155.JPG

OP
OP

Driggz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I tried, the bumper on the hatch/type r is actually wider than the sedan, and on the sides where it leads up to the wheel well the type r is shorter.

IMG_2153.JPG

IMG_2155.JPG
Do you have any pics showing the lip on the car? I just wanted to see how wide it is.

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Do you have any pics showing the lip on the car? I just wanted to see how wide it is.
I didn't mount it because all the tabs were different and would require me to cut into the bumper. I did hold it up with one hand and took a pic with the other to show how off the firment was .

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Rear Lip on Sedan Si? IMG_2188

OP
OP

Driggz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Damn that is wide! Well there goes my hopes of fitting on a type r Lip lol I guess i gotta wait for some aftermarket lips to made for this kind of bumper

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Damn that is wide! Well there goes my hopes of fitting on a type r Lip lol I guess i gotta wait for some aftermarket lips to made for this kind of bumper
Yup. And it's on both sides so it's just way to long(that's what she said).

rushwal

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just about anything can be done with the correct application of money.

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Do you think it could be cut by a professional and put on?
The thing is even if you shorten it, all the tabs are different so you would have to get creative there, and the lip has a texture to it( fake carbon fiber) so the parts you cut would be hard to put back together without having a visible seam. Then the parts the go towards wheel well are to short so you would need to figure out how to extend them. It's a lot of modification

STEELO-CLASSIC

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Last edited:

Brian17Si

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I just wanted to know if just the rear diffuser on the type r could fit the bottom lip of the sedan...
To answer your question. No it will not fit... I’ve already looked into this discussed with multiple Honda dealerships. The rear bumpers are different part numbers and all the parts on them. Meaning nothing will fit (specs, size, dimensions). You might be able to do some custom fabrication to fit but risky.
Sponsored