Civic Type R Owners: What do you do for a living?

Civic Type R Owners: What do you do for a living?

• Total voters

PK1

NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS
First Name
Francisco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 S2000, 2019 Type R
Country flag
Aerospace Engineer, prototype airplane Lavs (bathrooms), (Galleys), or those big buckets that are over your head (OHSC). I mostly create technical design proposals for Airbus.

All being engineers, most are somewhat car guys that like the R. (bmw M owners, s2k owners, isf, porsche guys)

1st job outta college, currently 26.
If anyone has opening in Southern California (OC/LA). Open to the idea of being in a new industry.

-No EIT, just good old M.E. Degree and 3 years in aero sector.
Sponsored

seijitsu

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, BB; 2008 Civic Si Sedan, Fuji Blue
Country flag
Surgeon (general surgery, minimally invasive surgery, and robotic surgery).

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
College professor. When I was in college people talked a lot about cars. Maybe it's where I live and teach, but my students generally have zero interest in cars. My colleagues even less so. Everyone views a car as an appliance, wonders what that third pedal is doing there, and sometimes they don't even have a license. The general vibe is also skewed towards anti-car in general, as if most of us could afford to live in town where the college is. Oh, and people drive Priuses. Willingly.

CW_CTR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2009 RDX, 2007 Accord
Country flag
Quality Engineer in a heavy duty engine component supplier although I just took this job the week of the Covid shutdown. When I get there the lot is fairly empty so not many reactions. Being in Illinois, there's a ton of newer Jeeps and trucks in the parking lot and an occasional current Si coupe.

Gympiebrowns

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Championship White Civic Type R, 2010 Toyota Prado GXL
Country flag
after 34 years with state ambulance service as an Advanced Care Paramedic i have semi retired and am now a Rescue Paramedic in the resource industry working a 7 on and 7 off FIFO roster. a great work / life balance.

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Country flag
Professional driver, specialized in all things that explode lol. Currently delivering fine petroleum products to the local gas stations of the northwest suburbs and city of Chicago as well as supplying o'hare airport with jet fuel. Previously hauled division 1 explosives for a blasting company.
Sponsored