Civic Type R Owners: What do you do for a living?

Civic Type R Owners: What do you do for a living?

• Total voters

ejburritos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata, Mk6 GTI, Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Completely out of curiosity, I wanted to see what you all do for a living! Do you enjoy it? What do coworkers think of your car? What do most of your coworkers drive?

I work in corporate finance, I enjoy it for the most part (some busy months crawl into the 60+hr/wk range). My coworkers haven’t really heard of a CTR, and of course when they Google it, their remarks are “YOU PAID THIS MUCH FOR A CIVIC?!”
Always gets a good laugh goin. Many of my coworkers are Tesla fanboys/fangirls
Sponsored

Last edited:

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
I'm a graphic designer for a construction company. I do some marketing, mainly put together proposals for projects the company wants to bid on. I love the hell out of what I do. And my co workers do love the car; whenever someone asks me how the car is doing they phrase it, "how's the race car?" lol. Being a construction company the majority of them drive trucks. In the office I am one of 4 that drive a smaller car. :D Whenever a co worker sees myself and another co worker heading to lunch they say, oh you get to ride in the race car! hehehe

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Business Analyst, lots of spreadsheet and database work along with process improvements through VBA primarily. All my coworkers love my car, when I first got it they all said the same thing - that thing looks so cool, and most of them are TWICE my age! The work parking lot is pretty boring, most cars don’t stand out enough compared to my hyper hatch.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I hand the computer a bunch of data for it to learn stuff with. Then I wait for it to learn stuff. It’s pretty cool stuff.

FifStreet

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 PMM Civic Type R '07 MR Fit Sport (RIP)
Country flag
I don't enjoy my job (compliance dept for an insurance company) but I do like my co-workers. Most of my co-workers think my car is cool. A couple think its a mid life crisis car. But the guy who sits across from me drives a Golf R and we talk cars all the time.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I sell enterprise portfolio management and trading software. My recommendation to anyone with a business degree - find a software company to work for. I've found that software companies tend to provide the best work/life balance, don't skimp on pay and have amazing bennies (my company paid for my MBA and match $8k to my 401k each year)

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am in educating industry.. my students and parents are all shock when they find out i drive a ctr with loud exhaust and fbo...
They said i should be driving a lexus suv or Tesla ..

LSUFANDAN

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Civic Type R
Country flag
I am a service tech for a major communications company. Been with them for 15 years. Most of the guys I work with are men that drive big trucks. I got the mid life crisis deal from a few of the guys. I had a big truck before I purchased the car. Having a big truck is definitely more practical but boring. I had a WRX STi when I got the job so they knew i was into small fun cars. I will probably get me another truck in the future but keep the Type R as my daily.

OP
OP

ejburritos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata, Mk6 GTI, Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am in educating industry.. my students and parents are all shock when they find out i drive a ctr with loud exhaust and fbo...
They said i should be driving a lexus suv or Tesla ..
That's awesome. If I was a student, you'd be my idol and the coolest teacher ever lol.
Also, I added educator to the poll. Thanks for all your work!

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's awesome. If I was a student, you'd be my idol and the coolest teacher ever lol.
Also, I added educator to the poll. Thanks for all your work!
Well.. I teach Taekwondo, most students love my car, but not so much their parents.
Other instructor here drive VW passat, mazda cx3, infiniti suv, honda HRV..

lturner

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ctr, couple of itr’s
Country flag
Pretty neat to see what people’s careers are. From all aspects of life yet we drive the same caR.

kilo959

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Country flag
I work in compliance at a insurance company. I started out in infosec but had a knack for finding holes in process. My current job fell in my lap and I ran with it.

I do my best to make sure your data is used, stored and destroyed safely.

Last edited:

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Some fancy job titles we got going here ! I’m a bellman at a luxury private hotel and do real estate part time. Simple job, but allowed me to save enough to buy my own place and afford my dream car.

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Facilities maintenance project manager at a federal facility. I get to witness our tax dollars wasted every day.
Sponsored