Civic Type R Mileage

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
My wife doesn't like getting in and out of mine either! She felt the same way about my 370 too.
Says the bolsters are too high. Her back is crap and clambering in and out is dicy.
She likes her SUV in/out. But that's never going to happen.
Old man smell-ewww. Like stale farts or just sweaty general BO?

I get the trade-it-just-because-it's-worth-more itch all the time. I've never owned a car that's appreciated or held it's value.
all the above? or maybe that’s what 7 year old leather smells like

going to keep ozoning until i destroy that interior 😂
Sponsored

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Well I've watched a lot of detailing videos where the smell is in the headliner, carpet, and seats. THey suds and extract all of them (not leather/pleather seats) and that plus ozone gets rid of the odors-according to them.

darrvao777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR, '18 G550
Country flag
Well I've watched a lot of detailing videos where the smell is in the headliner, carpet, and seats. THey suds and extract all of them (not leather/pleather seats) and that plus ozone gets rid of the odors-according to them.
that’s a good call, gives me a weekend project ha

BackslashBrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R (SGP)
Country flag
I'm ashamed to say but I have a 2021 (Purchased November 2020) and I just reached 30k miles haha

This car is just so fun to drive! I've taken a lot of road trips and its my daily driver so I think the mileage makes sense

Everything is stock currently, thinking about maybe getting a PRL intercooler and possibly a 27won, fujitsubo, or Blitz Our Spec exhaust

2NDW1FE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2008 S2000 CR
Country flag
I purchased my '19 CW new with 10 miles in 03/2019 and just clocked over 34k miles this past weekend. Car was not my daily for the first two years and has been faithfully serving as a DD since last summer and has done so flawlessly. I enjoy it most on fun backroads but there's something about taking it on long road trips which I like as well.

Car is 100% stock minus koda phone mount, Honda Hack on headunit, LED interior lights and tires, which I ended up going with DWS06+ tires in 245/35/20 and haven't had a single issue in the last 5k with them (road trips / city driving / backroads).

The CE's in my avatar pic I had for about 13k miles with Michelin PS4S and would 100% recommend. Since car was going to daily duty, I opted to sell and go back to stock wheels. I may pick up another set in the future.

Last edited:

SpicyMcFatburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1976 Datsun 280Z
Country flag
I should hit 117,000 miles this week. Purchased brand new in June of 2017.

I have experienced zero true issues. I had to do the wire harness recall, which was fine. At my 100,000 mile service they adjusted the valves and refreshed the fluids. During the warm months I drive on 18" Volk CE28SLs, and during the winter I drive on the stock wheels with Pirelli Sottozero 3s.

Like others have stated, the harsh ride from the 20s does a number on the clips for the front end. Mine is sagging at the top. I plan on getting it taken care of by a shop eventually. I do have some rock chips and small scuffs. But, it's my daily, so all is good.

My driver's seat bolster is starting to wear, and I think there will be a hole in it by December. I'll address that when it happens.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I should hit 117,000 miles this week. Purchased brand new in June of 2017.

I have experienced zero true issues. I had to do the wire harness recall, which was fine. At my 100,000 mile service they adjusted the valves and refreshed the fluids. During the warm months I drive on 18" Volk CE28SLs, and during the winter I drive on the stock wheels with Pirelli Sottozero 3s.

Like others have stated, the harsh ride from the 20s does a number on the clips for the front end. Mine is sagging at the top. I plan on getting it taken care of by a shop eventually. I do have some rock chips and small scuffs. But, it's my daily, so all is good.

My driver's seat bolster is starting to wear, and I think there will be a hole in it by December. I'll address that when it happens.
still original clutch?

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Congratulations on taking good care of your drivetrain Spicy!

Clutches last a long time if taken care of. What gives out first usually is the throwout bearing. Even if it's not hydraulic (which fail more/sooner) the transmission still has to be dropped to change it, and then "While you're in there" kicks in and EVERYTHING gets changed, lol.

FK8_Rojas

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(BBP 21' CTR) (95' Eagle Talon) (91' Eclipse GSX)
Country flag
Purchased my Boost Blue in February of 19'. Currently at about 7200mi. and looking to store it away for only sunny days after this winter to preserve it a little more.. Although, I am quite torn on storing the car since it is so fun to drive. These IL roads by me are the worst and I live in an area with a lot of semis flinging rocks and other s*** at my car.

SpicyMcFatburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1976 Datsun 280Z
Country flag
Congratulations on taking good care of your drivetrain Spicy!

Clutches last a long time if taken care of. What gives out first usually is the throwout bearing. Even if it's not hydraulic (which fail more/sooner) the transmission still has to be dropped to change it, and then "While you're in there" kicks in and EVERYTHING gets changed, lol.
Oh yeah, been there done that enough times, lol. I'm impressed with how long it's lasted.

I'm currently rebuilding my Evo X with a stage 4 Comp clutch. I daily drove it for years. If you can daily a clutch like that, the CTR is cake. The stock clutch on the X only lasted about 60,000 miles for me.
Sponsored