civicortez

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello everyone! Does anyone have any info for a CTR in SoCal that doesnt markup the pricing by 15k? Looking for a decent deal so i can own a ctr finally :bow:
Sponsored

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Hello everyone! Does anyone have any info for a CTR in SoCal that doesnt markup the pricing by 15k? Looking for a decent deal so i can own a ctr finally :bow:
Going rate in SoCal is more like $3K or less. Dealers still asking $15K are enjoying our new cannabis laws a little too much.

OP
OP
civicortez

civicortez

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Going rate in SoCal is more like $3K or less. Dealers still asking $15K are enjoying our new cannabis laws a little too much.
Do you have any idea what dealers exactly?? I’ve been to around 6 of them already

spyder93090

I'm here to kick names and take ass.
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Type R #20034
Country flag
Ball Honda (National City) ADM is usually around the $4k mark.
Temecula asks around $4k to $5k.
Cerritos has been known to ask around $2.5k (supposedly someone here was offered $1k)

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
Look at Cargurus and find the one that's been on the market the longest and call them. That's how I found mine. I paid just under $2500 ADM in protection packages, floor mats, etc for a CW

I would not recommend my dealer so I'm not posting their name.

I actually worked a deal out over email. If they're desperate to sell they will work with you.

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
Ball Honda (National City) ADM is usually around the $4k mark.
Temecula asks around $4k to $5k.
Cerritos has been known to ask around $2.5k (supposedly someone here was offered $1k)
Cerritos is $1k markup but has $5k in mandatory options/warranty.

Onimusha

Oni R
First Name
Nevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R, 2018 Honda Clarity, 1988 Prelude Si
Country flag
Got mine at Rancho Santa Margarita Honda. Had to get mandatory accessories and what not but hey, no markup. This was Dec 2017, not sure if that option is still available but worth a call.

horkah

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2008 Civic LX, 2003 Lexus GX470
Country flag
Got mine at Steven's Creek Honda for 1.5K markup

OP
OP
civicortez

civicortez

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
for Anyone who cares, got my type r at one of the locations suggested above, really nice people and their service felt genuine!

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Market Adjustments CA 4D03A6BD-C245-486C-B548-DC2FF7D8AB56

Last edited:

msberg911

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Honda S2000, 08 Civic, 05 Tundra
For anyone who cares, I ended up getting the type r from Temecula. Amazing personal imo

for Anyone who cares, got my type r at one of the locations suggested above, really nice people and their service felt genuine!

4D03A6BD-C245-486C-B548-DC2FF7D8AB56.jpeg
But what was the markup? :hmm:

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
I posted this same thought on the Nice Dealer thread.

I watch CarGurus and Autotrader not so much to actually try and find a car, but to just watch the number of listings to see if the supply is going up or down. In April it was pretty weak, particularly in SoCal. Recently the supply of new cars listed has been steadily climbing. CarGurus has 267 cars listed as of now and has been increasing about 10+ cars/day. That doesn't sound like much but it is way more than the 150 cars I've seen typically listed over the past year. It's a relative measure of course, but to me it shows supply is definitely increasing and Honda's website now shows multiple dealers with 2-3 cars either on the lot or in transit in SoCal. That's very different than 0-1 cars per dealer I was seeing so often in April. End of quarter coming up too. I imagine some are going to be a little more ready to move some of them before the month ends.

Still not enough to get me to go through the hassle of negotiating, but good luck out there as those that have the patience to work a good deal, now is probably a better time than any we've had in the past year.

LiveLaughRide84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra Gsr(sold) and 2000 ITR(sold) 17 focus RS and looking for a CTR
Country flag
I posted this same thought on the Nice Dealer thread.

I watch CarGurus and Autotrader not so much to actually try and find a car, but to just watch the number of listings to see if the supply is going up or down. In April it was pretty weak, particularly in SoCal. Recently the supply of new cars listed has been steadily climbing. CarGurus has 267 cars listed as of now and has been increasing about 10+ cars/day. That doesn't sound like much but it is way more than the 150 cars I've seen typically listed over the past year. It's a relative measure of course, but to me it shows supply is definitely increasing and Honda's website now shows multiple dealers with 2-3 cars either on the lot or in transit in SoCal. That's very different than 0-1 cars per dealer I was seeing so often in April. End of quarter coming up too. I imagine some are going to be a little more ready to move some of them before the month ends.

Still not enough to get me to go through the hassle of negotiating, but good luck out there as those that have the patience to work a good deal, now is probably a better time than any we've had in the past year.
I feel like at this point dealers should be willing to make deals. I see a dealer in CA that has 5 r’s on the lot right now. To me you should be willing to make a deal with that many sitting there. Just my 2 cents though.
Sponsored