Civic Type R in Japan

RType

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Too bad those floor mats are right-hand drive!
Sponsored

OP
OP
dan_in_japan

dan_in_japan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dbblsound.com
Vehicle(s)
Currently GK5 Fit RS - Past, 98 ITR, 99 SiR Accord, 85 Civic, 79 Civic, 84 Mirage, 62 Fairlane. 80 Laser
Country flag
I did speak to Mugen at Tokyo motor show, they seemed to realize this international releases of the Type R was a massive opportunity for them, but couldn't get much more than that. I hope they see the chance and have a full line up for the international market.

OP
OP
dan_in_japan

dan_in_japan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dbblsound.com
Vehicle(s)
Currently GK5 Fit RS - Past, 98 ITR, 99 SiR Accord, 85 Civic, 79 Civic, 84 Mirage, 62 Fairlane. 80 Laser
Country flag
Hi All,

Went to the Honda Racing Thanks Day 2017 yesterday in Motegi.

I'll post a little video later, but a great day.

Drove from Tokyo to Motegi, along Japans fantastic highway system.

Saw a lot of S2000's, FD2Rs and NSX's along the way clearly heading there as well.

On circuit they had the latest NSX GT300 and GT500 cars, the Indy Winning Indy Car and the amazing McLaren historic F1 cars..

Kept the day shortish as to make sure the wife might be ok for another one.

As far as Fk8's they were giving people ride alongs around the circuit, and at the moment the circuits pace car is an FK2.

OP
OP
dan_in_japan

dan_in_japan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dbblsound.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh.. also spoke to Mugen, asked whats up with the lack of Tenth Gen Civic and Type R parts. With a bit of persistence, got out of one of the guys there will be some announcements at Tokyo Motor Show early next year, the impression got is that will be standard civic parts with the Type R later but that they are actively working on it now!

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I did speak to Mugen at Tokyo motor show, they seemed to realize this international releases of the Type R was a massive opportunity for them, but couldn't get much more than that. I hope they see the chance and have a full line up for the international market.
I can see it being a little difficult to make a business case for the FK8 for Mugen. The cars are mostly coming to the United States (we're getting 6000 or so for 2017-18) and North American vehicles were the first batch made at the Swindon UK plant. Japan seems to be getting the smallest allocation of the major markets.

OP
OP
dan_in_japan

dan_in_japan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dbblsound.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Indeed they were only released here in November with very long waiting lists last time I asked.
Now that they are released locally, I hope Mugen sees the opportunity for some WW sales.

Mugen Euro

Threads
Reaction score
Website
mugeneuro.com
Vehicle(s)
FN2 Civic Type R Mugen 2.2, FK2 Civic Type R
Country flag
Indeed they were only released here in November with very long waiting lists last time I asked.
Now that they are released locally, I hope Mugen sees the opportunity for some WW sales.
We do see the opportunities with FK8, and it will come, but as you will appreciate, the Mugen philosophy is to come to the market only when the product is fully developed and tested . There will be something to see at Tokyo Auto Salon 2018.

The Equaliz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 L FK8
We do see the opportunities with FK8, and it will come, but as you will appreciate, the Mugen philosophy is to come to the market only when the product is fully developed and tested . There will be something to see at Tokyo Auto Salon 2018.
Not trying to give your guys a hard time, but did all the worldwide accolades and 'Ring success come as such a surprise whereby you didn't have any kit developed ready to take advantage of the hype? There's waiting lists in US, UK and Japan 6 months after US release so there is definitely going to be a demand for company sanctioned aftermarket bits.
Sponsored