mark_ninan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2R
Country flag
Please do not quote this post as it will be updated.

Hondata announces the Civic Type R fuel system upgrade

We are thrilled to announce the Hondata Civic Type R fuel system upgrade. The upgrade consists of hardware and software components designed to deliver 25-30% more fuel flow over the stock fuel system. This system enables the Civic Type R to take the next logical step for a reliable, well engineered and thoroughly tested power increase.

• High flow direct injection fuel pump
• High flow ethanol rated in-tank low pressure fuel pump
• High flow high pressure fuel line
• High flow fuel injectors
• Low pressure fuel line
• Precision Hondata FlashPro software control

This kit is a plug and play direct bolt on using the stock fuel system. Everything can be returned to stock.

This has been tested on multiple vehicles for more than one year. On a vehicle with stock turbo and engine we could run full E85 without any fuel pump limitations. The stock engine torque increased 41% from 333 to 468 lb-ft and power increased 35% from 317 to 428 hp. On a vehicle with a turbo upgrade we have tested to over 500hp – a 60% power increase over stock.

Available 2020

hondata-flashpro-civic-type-r-fuel-system-flexfuel-intercooler-racecat-full-700x700.png

hondata-flashpro-civic-type-r-stock-fuel-system-upgrade-full-race%20turbo-700x700.png
Apologies for the questions but I just wish to try to understand what kinda figures I'll see on my car..
1.What's the ambient temperature at which this was dynoed?
2.The stock fk8's 317hp figure - was it whp or crank?
3.What was the Dyno used? 2 wheel / dynapack etc?
4.When you say race fuel what octane was the fuel?
- What kinda figures would you see on 98Ron?
5.Is it possible for the upgraded turbo to match the spool of the stock?

Sincerely appreciate your answers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1) 18 degrees celsius +- 2 degrees
3) Dynapack 2 wheel drive
2) You cannot accurately compare power figures between different model dynos. The scientific method is to baseline your car and compare % changes, one variable at a time. We have dynoed many new Hondas over the last 20 years. The figures we see closely match Honda's crank horsepower. Further, in depth discussion of this would necessitate a multi-page dissertation.
4) 115-120
5) That depends on the turbo manufacturer, but in general larger turbos move the torque peak up the rev range.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
Currently this will be the only solution to use with the stock ecu. It’s going to be a lot harder due some of us with not so deep pockets. Why not release at least a direct injection pump by itself with the ability to expand it later? A lot of us would go that route. 3000 dollars isn’t exactly pocket change. No offense.
Is there a particular reason it’s a kit only. Does the new di pump use less pressure requiring injectors?

OP
OP
Hondata

Hondata

Hondata
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hondata.com
Vehicle(s)
23' Type R,22' Civic Si,18' Accord 2.0T,17' FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Because the pump needs to other components of the fuel system to be upgraded in order to work. Otherwise you're cutting corners, not cost. BTW you can run the new pump to the same pressure as the stock pump.

- high pressure fuel pump - obvious why this need to be upgraded
- high pressure fuel pump wiring - required if the HPFP pump is upgraded
- low pressure line - required if the HPFP pump is upgraded
- high pressure line - the design of the stock line causes problems at high flow
- low pressure pump - needs to flow more to keep the high pressure pump working, and also to cope with higher ethanol content fuels
- fuel injectors - stock injectors will reach a high duty cycle when the end of injection is too close to the spark and causes misfires
- ECU control - required if the HPFP pump is upgraded

So which of these components do you want to leave out?

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Because the pump needs to other components of the fuel system to be upgraded in order to work. Otherwise you're cutting corners, not cost. BTW you can run the new pump to the same pressure as the stock pump.

- high pressure fuel pump - obvious why this need to be upgraded
- high pressure fuel pump wiring - required if the HPFP pump is upgraded
- low pressure line - required if the HPFP pump is upgraded
- high pressure line - the design of the stock line causes problems at high flow
- low pressure pump - needs to flow more to keep the high pressure pump working, and also to cope with higher ethanol content fuels
- fuel injectors - stock injectors will reach a high duty cycle when the end of injection is too close to the spark and causes misfires
- ECU control - required if the HPFP pump is upgraded

So which of these components do you want to leave out?
I’ll be happy with even just the ecu control

ian408

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Type R Sonic
Country flag
This is the perfect reply. So often is the case that an upgrade requires the support of many other components.

Option looks pretty amazing.

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I’m not talking about cutting corners but maybe the pumps can be in a kit separate from injectors in the mean time for guys like me who’s next goal is 415-430whp on using a drop in turbo upgrade. Yes people are doing it now totally stock fueling but I’d like a margin of safety. I totally understand how small injector window is on DI. It’s less than half of port injection. I’m going pump gas I’ll never hit 500whp unless I build some crazy motor. I’m literally in the middle here and can’t quite justify the full boat. I understand all of what your saying. For 500whp you need it all. I’m not denying that. There’s going to be quite a few people out there that are right where I am. literally only need 10-15 percent more fuel don’t want to buy a motec or change over to port injection via secondary controller. I don’t disagree with any of the required connectors or lines. That’s a given I’m not trying to nick pick. It would be nice have a pump kit all required installation parts of course with an option to add injectors later. Even if it meant the high pressure line had to go with the pump. It’s still easier to buy in two pieces than all at once.
Look at the end of the day I can’t change it but it sure can’t hurt to try and ask.

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
^ I'm in this boat. I want a reliable 400 wheel horsepower for a reasonable amount of money. From there I'm going to focus on other things. Too many other engine and cooling components need to be replaced to push significantly more power and being FWD there are seriously diminishing returns pushing up to 500whp. I might be able to use that power at Daytona, but most tracks I would go to, getting over 450 to the ground without slicks is not going to happen.

LSUFANDAN

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Civic Type R
Country flag
So this kit will let you run E85 gas? How hard is it to install this kit? Probably best to let trained mechanics intall the kit? How much do you think a shop will charge to install this?

mark_ninan

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2R
Country flag
just curious guys.. if let's say we're upping the power via a turbo say the P600 from PRL or something from the borg Warner EFR range.. would a new fuel pump like what Hondata's "going" to offer be "necessary". Power range would be 400-500whp... ( I know that Hondata used an upgraded turbo in their 500whp figure..) But my query is whether it's necessary... Any down sides to not having a upgraded fuel pump? (Sorry Noob here.)

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
just curious guys.. if let's say we're upping the power via a turbo say the P600 from PRL or something from the borg Warner EFR range.. would a new fuel pump like what Hondata's "going" to offer be "necessary". Power range would be 400-500whp... ( I know that Hondata used an upgraded turbo in their 500whp figure..) But my query is whether it's necessary... Any down sides to not having a upgraded fuel pump? (Sorry Noob here.)
You risk running super lean which will blow up your motor

Higgo8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8 CTR GT
Country flag
I've seen a guy in the UK achieve this with a stock DP and we were all truly amazed! We do run our cars on the 99RON fuel over here though, car mods were exhaust, intercooler and intake only.
Sponsored