Civic Type-R FK8 VSA Completely Off (VSA)

First Name
Hong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC5, FK8, GE8, GK5
Country flag
You can also completely turn off VSA in +R Mode only by holding the VSA button for 5 seconds. But for non +R Mode, following the video. This also works on a Fit (GK5) and HR-V (RU) and should works on other Honda cars like Si, Accord, etc.

Sponsored

Jason@DASHautosports

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
in our track testing, even on Type R in +R, holding the button for 5 seconds till VSA completely off message appears, the VSA is still not totally off, in some scenarios you can still feel it activating and have seen it pull throttle still on data. Doing the above sequence puts the car in dyno/maintenance mode and does completely turn it off as well. For our road race cars we have another method than eliminates the need for the above sequence but is not recommended for street cars.

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
in our track testing, even on Type R in +R, holding the button for 5 seconds till VSA completely off message appears, the VSA is still not totally off, in some scenarios you can still feel it activating and have seen it pull throttle still on data. Doing the above sequence puts the car in dyno/maintenance mode and does completely turn it off as well. For our road race cars we have another method than eliminates the need for the above sequence but is not recommended for street cars.
I have only ever run in the R+ with the 5 second hold. Definitely feel some throttle and rear? brake inputs from the computer.

So even if I do the "pedal dance" its still not off? Is it any better than just doing the 5 sec hold?

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I have only ever run in the R+ with the 5 second hold. Definitely feel some throttle and rear? brake inputs from the computer.

So even if I do the "pedal dance" its still not off? Is it any better than just doing the 5 sec hold?
The pedal dance will disable the active handling assist. I find it feels slower in autocross after the pedal dance vs the 5 second press in +R mode. The active handling assist helps the rear rotate a bit better. For track driving it will increase rear pad wear though.

Jason@DASHautosports

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

the pedal dance is definitely the way to go for track use

Learn2turn:)

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW FK8, 2005 S2000, 1995 Miata
Country flag
Please enlighten us...
or are you sworn to secrecy? :)

Jason@DASHautosports

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Please enlighten us...
or are you sworn to secrecy? :)
I don't mention it publicly because it fully disables SRS, I don't recommend the method without full race safety system, cage or half cage, race seat, 5/6 point harness, etc.

OP
OP
First Name
Hong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC5, FK8, GE8, GK5
Country flag
I don't mention it publicly because it fully disables SRS, I don't recommend the method without full race safety system, cage or half cage, race seat, 5/6 point harness, etc.
Why are you making this sound like some FBI Top Secret stuff?! This forum is to help people, why not enlighten us. I myself would like to know.

Jason@DASHautosports

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Why are you making this sound like some FBI Top Secret stuff?! This forum is to help people, why not enlighten us. I myself would like to know.
I have a business that does work on street driven cars as well.. I don't tell how to disable it because it also disables the Safety Restraint System as i stated before. I don't publicly tell how to disable it do to that fact. You are correct, it isn't FBI top secret, a little research and wiring diagram inspecting will tell you how to do it

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
I have a 2020 and have used the long push VSA at the track in R+ mode. I have not been aware of any power being pulled by this option (although definitely some loss of power after a few laps due to heat issues) and my rear brake pad wear has been absolutely minimal which makes me think, they are not being activated to maintain some yaw control. I like the video instructions so I may try back to back on the next track day (which won't be for a while). Anything to help get rid of the understeer.
Sponsored