Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Would you happen to know if the way to activate hondata TC will be any different if i have custom tune my car??
no, the button cannot be changed. it's the cruise control button for everyone.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Would you happen to know if the way to activate hondata TC will be any different if i have custom tune my car??
if your tuner has enabled traction control then it will be on at all times.
you can turn it off anytime you want by pressing the main cruise control button and the green light is lit up in the cluster.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if your tuner has enabled traction control then it will be on at all times.
you can turn it off anytime you want by pressing the main cruise control button and the green light is lit up in the cluster.
The cruise control only turn green when the car is actually cruising at the speed that being set to..
How do you get the cruise to lit green?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The cruise control only turn green when the car is actually cruising at the speed that being set to..
How do you get the cruise to lit green?
He probably meant to say gray. TC is off if you have the cruise control system on whatsoever, green or gray.

You turn it on in the tune itself. It is always on, every time you start your car, until you turn on the cruise control system to TEMPORARILY disable it as you please.

The built in traction control that comes with the car is much slower and doesn't affect the operation of Hondata's traction control and doesn't NEED to be disabled unless you want to disable it for the same reasons you would otherwise.

Last edited:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He probably meant to say gray. TC is off if you have the cruise control system on whatsoever, green or gray.

You turn it on in the tune itself. It is always on, every time you start your car, until you turn on the cruise control system to TEMPORARILY disable it as you please.

The built in traction control that comes with the car is much slower and doesn't affect the operation of Hondata's traction control and doesn't NEED to be disabled unless you want to disable it for the same reasons you would otherwise.
Thanks for explanation.
My tuner said "Hondata traction control is already enabled in your tune! Pretty nice feature Hondata built into software."

I guess just like you said...it is always on and only off if i have cruise control in gray or green...

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks for explanation.
My tuner said "Hondata traction control is already enabled in your tune! Pretty nice feature Hondata built into software."

I guess just like you said...it is always on and only off if i have cruise control in gray or green...
If you want to see if it's actually doing anything, it's all datalogged! Can't recall the exact names but they start with TC.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag

Idk, I've noticed Hondata TC with VSA in sport mode is noticeably slower than R mode with VSA on.

Both modes have the same torque tables but in R mode TC will kick in and boost will go back to 23-24 pretty quick whereas in sport mode, it doesnt if TC kicks in.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Idk, I've noticed Hondata TC with VSA in sport mode is noticeably slower than R mode with VSA on.

Both modes have the same torque tables but in R mode TC will kick in and boost will go back to 23-24 pretty quick whereas in sport mode, it doesnt if TC kicks in.
By 'slower' I meant that the actions of the system itself are more delayed. As I understand it, the Hondata TC system will kick in before the built-in VSA does, correcting the issue before it gets to the levels of slip that the built-in system handles. However, if the slip is too great, the built-in system will kick in anyways and close the throttle plate (unless VSA is entirely off) - which may or may not be what you want. Wasn't comparing actual vehicular speed.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
By 'slower' I meant that the actions of the system itself are more delayed. As I understand it, the Hondata TC system will kick in before the built-in VSA does, correcting the issue before it gets to the levels of slip that the built-in system handles. However, if the slip is too great, the built-in system will kick in anyways and close the throttle plate (unless VSA is entirely off) - which may or may not be what you want. Wasn't comparing actual vehicular speed.
That's the problem. Honda TC kicks in but power seems to be more sapped in sport mode compared to R where R vsa is less aggressive.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
That's the problem. Honda TC kicks in but power seems to be more sapped in sport mode compared to R where R vsa is less aggressive.
Ah I get it now. I wouldn't think the drive mode affects the VSA computer, but maybe!

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ah I get it now. I wouldn't think the drive mode affects the VSA computer, but maybe!
In R mode, oem VSA is less intrusive compared to comfort and sport.

In comfort and sport the VSA light always kicks in with hondata TC but in R mode it never does.

kefi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

In comfort and sport the VSA light always kicks in with hondata TC but in R mode it never does.
The more you know! Thanks! :headbang:

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Though VSA sure still kicks in easily in R mode, mainly up hill or an uneven road. Or if it's wet it kicks in all the time. It's funny though, in R mode, if I hit cruise to disable TC, vsa will take forever to kick in, like when front wheels are 20mph higher than the rears. But with them both on it seems to want to butt in and kill my pull. Now with a 7% slip and 14mph minimum speed VSA is no where near as invasive
Sponsored