frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the front view version and now I kinda want the rear one too...
Sponsored

dusty kemp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Civic Type R
Country flag
@dusty kemp – The artwork looks incredible! Are you willing to sell me only the file? I have a commercial printer I want to use for aluminum dye-sublimation prints.
Thank you! I have sold overseas customers the hi resolution jpeg file(same as what I send to the printer) so yes, that is possible. Let me know [email protected]

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This guy has created this art trying to raise funds to buy its own Civic Type R (fk8).
@dusty kemp: Genuinely curious: how are you circumventing copyright laws? Like, how can you make money from a patented product presumably w/o a license (which, I would imagine, is quite expensive)? If you have a license, then you would be creating art to get funds for a CTR + cover licensing costs, yeah?

I ask because I do my own art, and have considered selling it, but licensing and copyright laws seem tricky to navigate.

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gobeyondcreative.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Genuinely curious: how is this person circumventing copyright laws? Like, how can they make money from a patented product presumably w/o a license (which, I would imagine, is quite expensive)? If they have a license, then they would be creating art to get funds for a CTR + cover licensing costs, yeah?
I'm not a copywriter lawyer or anything but if it's original art it's fair game. Go to Woot.com and you'll see what I mean. They have an entire marketplace on shirts that are clearly Star Wars, The Mandalorian, etc. and they don't have any issues.

There may be a caveat to remove logos, idk. But it's definitely not as clear-cut that he's infringing or straight up stealing intellectual property because he's the creator of the original artwork.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm not a copywriter lawyer or anything but if it's original art it's fair game. Go to Woot.com and you'll see what I mean. They have an entire marketplace on shirts that are clearly Star Wars, The Mandalorian, etc. and they don't have any issues.

There may be a caveat to remove logos, idk. But it's definitely not as clear-cut that he's infringing or straight up stealing intellectual property because he's the creator of the original artwork.
Thanks, yeah, I've searched a lot over the net, but everywhere basically says 'if you're unsure, get a license.' Like, that doesn't help. ?
Sponsored