1.5T Civic Type R FK8 exhaust on Civic Sport FK7

anestist

First Name
Anestis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you both for your answer. I might change the tips of the mufflers to fit them in the gap. Maybe with smaller diameter tips.
Sponsored

Spencer2131

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
That could work, or what I'd probably do in retrospect, is just get it, have a dremmel or cutting device handy and see what you need to actually cut out. The oem diffuser is much nicer than the aftermarket in terms of aero.

Gio_Wauk

First Name
Gio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ex Sedan, 2021 Sport Hatch, 2022 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Just wondering how do you guys trim the diffuser? DIY or shop? Worried its not going to look clean after cutting
I bought a “type r style” rear diffuser instead of trimming it and it fit decently. Bumper/diffuser removal was painless.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R FK8 exhaust on Civic Sport FK7 IMG_2030

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R FK8 exhaust on Civic Sport FK7 IMG_2031

EXeLent_Civic

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
Just wanted to post my thoughts on the type r exhaust installation on my CVT FK7. Install time was about an hour doing it by myself. Having a CVT I figured adding an aftermarket exhaust wouldn't sound too good, so I never even thought about it until I came across this thread. Let me just say, I love the way it sounds! Definitely different sound than stock and you can tell a difference. no Drone, sounds great at all RPM ranges and on the highway, it sounds even better. Anyone thinking about making the switch I would say go for it. I paid $100 for my type R exhaust on Facebook marketplace.

EXeLent_Civic

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring CVT
Country flag
I bought a “type r style” rear diffuser instead of trimming it and it fit decently. Bumper/diffuser removal was painless.

IMG_2030.jpeg

IMG_2031.jpeg
link to where you purchased the type r style diffuser?

KenoshiFK7

First Name
Ki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback, 2017 Subaru WRX
Country flag
FL5 exhaust on FK7. It’s not a direct bolt on like the FK8 if anyone is wondering. I had to cut off the flange from the FL5 down pipe and weld it onto my OEM down pipe. I also welded the valve for the middle exhaust pipe to keep open.

Nene

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
FL5 exhaust on FK7. It’s not a direct bolt on like the FK8 if anyone is wondering. I had to cut off the flange from the FL5 down pipe and weld it onto my OEM down pipe. I also welded the valve for the middle exhaust pipe to keep open.
Can you send a video on how it sounds? Looks great

Oddwayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19’ Si coupe & 99 ej6
Country flag
Does the fk8 front pipe not bolt onto the fl5 exhaust?

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The front pipe between fk7 and fk8 or FL5 is offcourse not the same because it has a larger size pipe.This is on the fk8 the same.
Sponsored