Civic Type R Build and Price now available

mechanicali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Eclipse GSX
There are safety features that prevent this from happening. Up to the installer to install them.
Yeah, the neutral safety. Since people may choose to leave the car in gear, remote start wouldn't work, thus there is not much value for it in the eyes of Honda. It makes sense, but it is a bummer with it not having it in Cleveland. Yes, it can be done, but unless there is a simple plug and play device offered, I would rather not splice up a brand new Type R.
Sponsored

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
Yeah, the neutral safety. Since people may choose to leave the car in gear, remote start wouldn't work, thus there is not much value for it in the eyes of Honda. It makes sense, but it is a bummer with it not having it in Cleveland. Yes, it can be done, but unless there is a simple plug and play device offered, I would rather not splice up a brand new Type R.
That's how I feel. If anything isn't plug-n-play I really don't want to butcher the wire harnesses.

jzj323

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic Si and 2007 Toyota Highlander Limited Hybrid
So no remote start. Guess Honda Pro Jason was right. Darnit. Maybe it will be an add-on? Does anyone know if it is offered as an add-on on other cars?
Reason is people will remote start before they get to the car by the time you get to it it'll be against a pole, wall or car and maybe a pedestrian if is in a public parking lot I rather not have remote start in a manual to put yourself at that risk.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
Reason is people will remote start before they get to the car by the time you get to it it'll be against a pole, wall or car and maybe a pedestrian if is in a public parking lot I rather not have remote start in a manual to put yourself at that risk.
With how easy it is to hit the buttons when the remote is in your pocket on the new civic key's I would NOT want remote start on the damn thing.

mechanicali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 Eclipse GSX
With how easy it is to hit the buttons when the remote is in your pocket on the new civic key's I would NOT want remote start on the damn thing.
Remote starters have this thing called neutral safety, which means that if the car is not in neutral, it wouldn't start. Older cars were not as sophisticated so you would have to wire it in the e-brake wire instead, which was definitely risky if the e-brakes were crappy. In other words, Honda could have added it and it would have been safe, but they didn't.

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
That would make the most sense, they are calling it Milano Red vs rallye red in Euroland too.
The reds are two different colors. (We also get Milano Red - on the HR-V, for example.) FK2 was Milano Red. FK8 are all Rallye Red.

It's funny, even some items in the parts catalog say Brilliant Sporty Blue. But if you look at the paint code - B593M - it's the same as Aegean Blue. So yeah it appears to be the same color with just different names.

Speaking of colors, I just realized we don't get the Sonic Blue CTR in the U.S., though it looks like Europe does.
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Build and Price now available {filename}

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Polished Metal for me, to match the Odyssey at home.
#DayDreaming #ManualsBannedAtHome #Sad

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remote starters have this thing called neutral safety, which means that if the car is not in neutral, it wouldn't start. Older cars were not as sophisticated so you would have to wire it in the e-brake wire instead, which was definitely risky if the e-brakes were crappy. In other words, Honda could have added it and it would have been safe, but they didn't.
My point was more that if I leave my car in neutral with the parking brake on. I don't want it starting when I walk around my house with the keys in my pocket. It's bad enough I've found my windows open a couple of times already.

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
You
My point was more that if I leave my car in neutral with the parking brake on. I don't want it starting when I walk around my house with the keys in my pocket. It's bad enough I've found my windows open a couple of times already.
you would have to press the lock button first in range then hold the remote start button for 10 seconds for it to start.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You

you would have to press the lock button first in range then hold the remote start button for 10 seconds for it to start.
Considering the number of times my windows have gone down (pressing the unlock button for multiple seconds) and the times the alarm has set off, I believe that's a highly probably combination.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
Country flag
I don't understand why Honda is designating this car and Si as 2017 MY when
a) most companies are already selling their new cars as 2018 MY
b) Is 2017 MY only going be produced for 6 months and starting Jan. we get 2018 MY?
c) If you buy a car today as 2018 MY, as far the Resale value is concerned, you got 18 months that counts that car as "Current" year car. But if you buy this Type R now, in 6 months it will be considers as 2017 which they categories it as ONE year old once we go into 2018. And this will devalue the car as a ONE year old car. Even if you get delivery in Dec. as 2017, in one month after that, that car is ONE year old from Resale value point of view.

So, I'm going to wait till 2018 date gets announced.
Any thoughts?

Ethan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3 GT 6 speed
b) Is 2017 MY only going be produced for 6 months and starting Jan. we get 2018 MY?
c) If you buy a car today as 2018 MY, as far the Resale value is concerned, you got 18 months that counts that car as "Current" year car. But if you buy this Type R now, in 6 months it will be considers as 2017 which they categories it as ONE year old once we go into 2018. And this will devalue the car as a ONE year old car. Even if you get delivery in Dec. as 2017, in one month after that, that car is ONE year old from Resale value point of view.

Any thoughts?
It doesn't matter. Early build Type Rs will hold their value extremely well anyway.

Judd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Coupe, Type R

Any thoughts?
I don't think Honda would have released this first batch at 2017's if they didn't believe they would hold their value. Obviously if your buying a camry for example right now, it would make sense to buy a 2018. Honda probably isn't even sure how long they will keep the Type R around, if it's only for a couple years the MY won't make a difference (but that build number might :thumbsup:).

omegaZ87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra GS-R
Just got back from the dealership without a type r due to this crazy markup:

How long do you think it will be before we can get a CTR for sticker?

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R Build and Price now available IMG_9943-2
Sponsored

Last edited: