Superelite

First Name
Fausto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
We’re you running the correct tune given all your more free flowing mods?
i did i loaded PRL Downpipe and INJEN intake in the mods section, Stayed away from everything that gave me warnings exxept anti-lag. i even turned teh load down to 150% instead of the 250% from hondata

i figured its just for some fun

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, sorry to hear all this. Injen strikes again! :thumbsdown:

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
To seriously think the injen intake blew his motor is a bit delusional. It's called running a crappy tuning software. Get your head out of the sand.
As opposed to what, $6,500+ for a motec ECU? If you use anti-lag on anything other than a built motor you're likely to have a bad time. The tuning software isn't very likely to grenade an engine unless you change some parameters around. To blame the software itself is a bit silly. But yeah, an intake won't kill an engine.

I'm curious to what the AFR looked like on detonation.

OP did you drive for a few miles easily after flashing the tune before gunning it? For the first few minutes after a flash the car targets a stoichiometric AFR.
Aside from enabling anti-lag did you change any parameters in any of the tables?

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
As opposed to what, $6,500+ for a motec ECU? If you use anti-lag on anything other than a built motor you're likely to have a bad time. The tuning software isn't very likely to grenade an engine unless you change some parameters around. To blame the software itself is a bit silly. But yeah, an intake won't kill an engine.

I'm curious to what the AFR looked like on detonation.

OP did you drive for a few miles easily after flashing the tune before gunning it? For the first few minutes after a flash the car targets a stoichiometric AFR.
Aside from enabling anti-lag did you change any parameters in any of the tables?
There's a few reasons why ktuner doesn't include it yet. It's dangerous. The Bosch ecu on the r is a reactive ecu. Hondatas antilag runs in open loop. It doesn't target the correct afr.

So to answer the other question... Either don't use antilag, switch to ktuner, or buy a motec.

Regardless... Hondata targets 13afr at wot anyway so good luck with the basemaps

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol injen strikes again? This has nothing to do with an intake he was running.
Pardon my ignorant post, but everything I've ever read about Injen has been negative.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
OP hope you had a rainy day fund, there is a 0% chance Honda gives you a new motor under warranty. Which, tbh, you don't deserve because this isn't a warranty issue, this is a "you used antilag" issue.
To the OP -

I'd just go to them if you don't have a good shop in your area - own up to it and ask them to work with you on getting a replacement engine in there.

You start out like this - and claim a stock Type R just made a window in the block just by itself - they are going to know you're bullshitting - and then really make it hard on you to get work done going forward for what remains of your warranty past the engine.

My other problem with all this is that if you do this - you must have a real gift for lying and being ok with it, as you're about to have to lie to a lot of people, consistently, for months, to pull this off.

Blech - I leave that kind of behavior for little kids who don't know better - source an engine do the right thing - you make it harder for people with legitimate claims for warranty to get coverage when you start this kind of circus up.

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Sorry to hear you blew your motor on your FK8. I guess it’s the price you pay when modding a car. Things like this are expected to happen sometimes sooner than later. The car performs well and is reliable straight out of the box.

Wish you all the best on the rebuild.

ericc191

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I read somewhere the other night when I was installing the KTuner software on my PC to never use Anti-Lag. I have no idea what it is and what it does. Just saw a bunch of comments about it when I was searching for knock count threads, lol.

To the OP, I've been that guy in my 20s and I can 100% promise you that even if you manage to get away with "playing dumb and pretending it was stock," karma WILL come back on you two fold at some point when you least expect it and REALLY don't have the money for it.

As for INJEN, it's a bit disappointing to see them fall so low in quality over the years. I remember when I got my first Si (EP3 hatch), INJEN was *the* brand to get.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.