Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
please stop with the group buys, Ill be broke forever at this rate.

I dont think im anywhere near the limits for my Brownbos anyways, so Im just going to continue on. I wonder how much more front bias these cars will have on the 6 pistons. I really hate how dinky these rears are.
Will have to see on the Group Buy, for Black Friday / Cyber Monday I'm offering 10% OFF on all Paragon FK8 braking parts: https://unity-performance.com/collections/deals?pf_v_vendor=Paragon+Performance

My calipers are still nice and red, my mission next year will be to get them brown-er ? The Titanium Pad Shims for their relatively low cost have kept heat away from the piston boot seals, and overall keeping the caliper temperature lower. I'd advise adding those to prolong the life of the stock calipers

The dinky rear rotors even on a spirited drive get hotter than the Fronts. I've wanted to do the 350mm Paragon rears on mine, I'll have to confirm if my winter storage wheels clear the calipers as they get positioned higher with the bracket. My summer wheels did clear as per the template
Sponsored

Last edited:

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
-Alcon 355mm-

1637703387247.png

Calipers - CAR97 Monobloc 6 piston
I wonder if these 6 pot Alcons will fit with the OEM rotor setup. Would be a great alternative to replace the OEM Brembos.

OP
OP
E404

E404

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' SGP FK8
Country flag
I wonder if these 6 pot Alcons will fit with the OEM rotor setup. Would be a great alternative to replace the OEM Brembos.
I don’t think so since one rotor size is 350mm and these were designed for 355mm. I could be very wrong and would like to be wrong haha.

OP
OP
E404

E404

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' SGP FK8
Country flag
Will have to see on the Group Buy, for Black Friday / Cyber Monday I'm offering 10% OFF on all Paragon FK8 braking parts
Just ordered some p3 rear pads since I just burnt through my original pads at 11k miles. As usual, thanks for your great services!

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Just ordered some p3 rear pads since I just burnt through my original pads at 11k miles. As usual, thanks for your great services!
Thank You sir! I've got them packaged already, and will have them out the door tomorrow morning :)

Great choice of Pad at the Rear, what do you have at the Front?

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I don’t think so since one rotor size is 350mm and these were designed for 355mm. I could be very wrong and would like to be wrong haha.
It seems the black aluminum caliper adapter brackets might be able to be shaved 5mm to make them fit. However, the OEM rotor offset might not be centric to the caliper opening where the pads sit.

Dminus

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for this, i've been lusting after those PMU x Alcon 355mm ever since i've seen them on a few CTR's I follow on ig. If it the price isn't too bad may pull the trigger on them to avoid the brownbo's...
what are brownbos?
i'm sorry if this is a stupid question, i never heard of it before.
thanks for your reply to help further my knowledge of this car.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
what are brownbos?
i'm sorry if this is a stupid question, i never heard of it before.
thanks for your reply to help further my knowledge of this car.
the color of the stock calipers starts turning dark red/brown/black due to the immense heat that it sustains when at the track. so instead of them being brembos, they are "brown"bos.

kinda like this but worse.
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R - Big Brake Kits 1638209765595

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
I'm still intrigued as to what impact the larger rear rotor setup has on brake bias by way of leverage effect.

Are there many people even running them?

I've heard from the FK2 Community in the UK that the rears get nightmarishly hot with heavy track use given they are smaller and have zero airflow, but haven't really seen much from FK8 users to the same effect.

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm still intrigued as to what impact the larger rear rotor setup has on brake bias by way of leverage effect.

Are there many people even running them?

I've heard from the FK2 Community in the UK that the rears get nightmarishly hot with heavy track use given they are smaller and have zero airflow, but haven't really seen much from FK8 users to the same effect.
I had similar thoughts on an earlier post in this thread that went unanswered. Everyone just seems to be rolling with the idea that "bigger is better."

Would like to see feedback from someone pushing hard on the track and not just parking at the local c&c. Even absolutely cooking the fronts, I never had any problem with the rear that warranted additional attention past swapping for a slotted rotor of better quality over OEM.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I had similar thoughts on an earlier post in this thread that went unanswered. Everyone just seems to be rolling with the idea that "bigger is better."

Would like to see feedback from someone pushing hard on the track and not just parking at the local c&c. Even absolutely cooking the fronts, I never had any problem with the rear that warranted additional attention past swapping for a slotted rotor of better quality over OEM.
What information are you looking for to warrant potentially switching to them?

If you overcooked the fronts, would switching to a larger rear rotor and more aggressive pad give you the chance to take a bit of work off the fronts?

The pros that I see to upgrading the rear is the opportunity for more heat dissipation in the event that the rears are getting too hot. Stronger material. Lighter than stock.

The cons are, cost, potential caliper clearance issues, maybe a slight brake bias shift?

To be fair, im not advocating them at all as far as I can tell they really are just an aesthetic piece.

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
What information are you looking for to warrant potentially switching to them?
I have no plans to switch to them. As of right now, I see no reason to do so. For an average track day user, I haven't found the need for anything beyond a beefy slotted rotor- which have shown decent wear.

I guess I'm just thinking it seems a bit unnecessary, given that I'm not seeing that kind of heat in the rear to warrant a different set of rotor hats/rings.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I have no plans to switch to them. As of right now, I see no reason to do so. For an average track day user, I haven't found the need for anything beyond a beefy slotted rotor- which have shown decent wear.

I guess I'm just thinking it seems a bit unnecessary, given that I'm not seeing that kind of heat in the rear to warrant a different set of rotor hats/rings.
The question is, do you need to see heat in the rear to justify it. As I mentioned before, if your fronts are overcooking that bad, do you either

A. Switch to a better front setup
B. Switch to a better rear setup
C. Both

I realize theres probably a limit to how aggressive you want the rears, but its possible that on the extreme end, bigger rotors are a good option to help alleviate some of the work on the fronts. Paragon does claim better brake torque on the bigger rear rotors.

I dont think theres been a good example though of someone tracking the FK8 hard enough to justify NEEDING the bigger rear rotors. I am open to being proven wrong though.
Sponsored