Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Taneisya tws forged t-66f
Those look great but man $900/wheel is more than I'm comfortable dropping
They do look awesome. I didn't realize they were that were that much but good rims aint cheap (coming from a guy who is riding on some new NSX rims..).
Thank you for the info :thumbsup:

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
They do look awesome. I didn't realize they were that were that much but good rims aint cheap (coming from a guy who is riding on some new NSX rims..).
Thank you for the info :thumbsup:
NSX rims are goal, maybe when I get around to start tracking. For now, super happy with my HRE flow formed rims that I got a fantastic deal on.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
Anyone running the FK2 wheels as their "winter" set? Thinking of going 19" FK2 wheels with 245/35/19 either Michelin AS3+ or AS4 (if possible) for the winter.

Don't drive when there's snow on the road so don't need dedicated snow tires, mostly for the cold we get during winter.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
/\ Pretty sure a member named @baldheadracing has or is running that set up for winter up here in snowy Ottawa (in the winter) and I believe he was happy with it.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
/\ Pretty sure a member named @baldheadracing has or is running that set up for winter up here in snowy Ottawa (in the winter) and I believe he was happy with it.
Yes, although I bought those when there were no aftermarket options close to ET60. (The FK2 wheels are ET60 like the FK8 wheels.)

Tirerack has Motegi MR924's for a decent price, and they're ET53, so only a 1/4" offset. There are also the O.Z. Ultraleggera HLT and the various NSX front wheels - but of the three, I only have experience with the Motegi. There might well be other options by now. (My other wheels have track offsets.)

Last edited:

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
Question for you guys, please.

Is there a list somewhere for *direct fit* rims (looking for 18" winters) that do not require a hub-centric rim, different lugs and extra hardware? I am finding it very difficult to find rims that do not require additional mounting hardware. When I swap my rims I don't want to have to deal with anything else.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag
Wheels do not “require” hub centric rings. Mounting via lug centric is perfectly fine.

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wheels do not “require” hub centric rings. Mounting via lug centric is perfectly fine.
Thanks for your reply.

I was looking specifically at the FAST FC04 but I am being told I need a hub-centric ring and also different lug nuts - not a huge deal, but I would rather not deal with any of that.

j_limitz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
Thanks for your reply.

I was looking specifically at the FAST FC04 but I am being told I need a hub-centric ring and also different lug nuts - not a huge deal, but I would rather not deal with any of that.
You can use hub centric rings if you choose, but lug centric is fine

You will require aftermarket lug nuts when you put on aftermarket wheels

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You can use hub centric rings if you choose, but lug centric is fine

You will require aftermarket lug nuts when you put on aftermarket wheels
Thanks, makes sense. The more I read the more I think it might not be a big deal and I will be happier with the rims I actually want rather than a second choice that fits better.

How are you enjoying your car? I got mine about a week after yours I think (around Sep 10).
Sponsored