Rays Gramlights 57DR 18x9.5 +38 5x120
Semigloss Black
Sputter Blue (NEW)
Sputter Red (NEW)

kvMbdks.jpg

ud31HCi.jpg

7Lk4H8z.jpg

nTcbkmV.jpg
Do you think to compliment the green Civic and yellow Limited they’ll ever release these in STutter Type r R R R-R-R-o’range?

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I got my 100% stock CTR up on the lift earlier this week. I didn't have the light to get good pictures but I did get very good measurements.

REAR: There is about 1" of clearance between the tire and the strut. The closest clearance spot is actually between the tire and the trailing arm, but it still has about 7/8".

FRONT: The design is way different than a typical strut car, and has much more clearance. Closest spot is between the tire and strut where I could just get a 3/4" (19mm) bar to pass between the tire and the strut. At full lock in both directions there is tons of clearance everywhere including brake lines, steering rods, frame, inner fenders, etc. The strut is the only real limiting factor inwards.

So to break this down, if you were to put a 10.0" wheel with +60 offset, that would add 3/4" to both the inside and outside of the wheel. With 3/4" clearance on the OEM setup, that would put the tire just touching the strut, so clearly some additional offset is going to be needed. But a bunch more offset (like 25mm more that ET+35 would give) is not needed. Moving to +55mm is moving the wheel outward 5mm (.200") which would be enough clearance for most wheel/tire combos, and is still farther from the fender than a 9.5" ET+45 wheel. Yes, that is correct, this gives a wider wheel with more fender clearance. So it does indeed look like to me that the 19x10.0" ET+55 wheel WILL fit on the front and the rear, with some attention paid to the actual tire profile to see how close it is.

If you have a 9.5" wheel, that would leave about .250" at ET+60. Zero reason for any offset change on a wheel 9.5" or narrower. So there is no reason why these wheel companies should be trying to push these +35 to +45 wheels on us. It doesn't make sense. Why only add extra wheel width to the outside, when you can add it in both directions to get even more width AND keep the geometry where Honda designed it?

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

This is me turning blue as I hold my breathe waiting for a wheel/aftermarket company to explain to us why they are pushing improper wheel choices on us.
Hm. Info I was looking for.

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ready to ship! On promo at $3175 SHIPPED to the lower 48 states!

Advan GT Premium, 18x9.5 +38 5x120 Racing White

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide 9CsQPkO

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide UZ70BT5

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide 90mfKst

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide TKHEWZz

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide Nswefyu

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide vJQszUD

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
/\ You can get Honda/oem matching center caps for the NSX wheels. Hit up Graham Rahla Performance (GRP)>

Mr-rms

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide 1597247952398

Looking for a part# for the H center cap for these Acura rims please. I have no been able to find them. thanks

NarsBaller

First Name
Japs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Current set up:

CE28 Club Racer II 18x9.5 +38
Kics Monolith Neochrome with Red Inner Caps
Michelin PS4S 265/35/18
Swift Springs
Front guide pin removed; camber -2.3f and -2.4r, stock suspension components
Bent tab front and trim plastic fender rear
0 rubbing

6610A950-867D-48B2-9D23-73A4C2572EF9.jpeg
I have the same set up as yours buddy. Same wheels except I have a whiteline springs. Now, I had a wheel alignment done and both front and rear have a very negative camber. I dont want to have a negative camber and hoping for a camber alignment close to factory. If I remove the front pin and get another wheel alignment, will it solve my issue? I do have a rear camber arms waiting to be installed as well. Thank yoou!

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I have the same set up as yours buddy. Same wheels except I have a whiteline springs. Now, I had a wheel alignment done and both front and rear have a very negative camber. I dont want to have a negative camber and hoping for a camber alignment close to factory. If I remove the front pin and get another wheel alignment, will it solve my issue? I do have a rear camber arms waiting to be installed as well. Thank yoou!
For the front, I can remove the front pin and push the strut. Inward toward the engine = more negative camber. Outward toward the fender = more positive camber.
Sponsored