Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic X 2.0 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am reading and crying... I'll make car some higher because of i couldn't come to other city, I'll show our roads
Sponsored

TMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW FK8
Country flag
I see lots of people running ZE40 18x9.5 +40, but does the +45 ZE40 also fit over the brakes? Don't want to be adding offset if I don't have to.

dougnosser

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
looks really sharp ryudo437, I'm going to order some of those. You just sold me on them.

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The maker of these white wheels (distributor) is prolly wondering WTH to have such a sales run all of the sudden?

Almost everything reminds me of a joke so here goes:

So these painters want to spruce up a house of worship (I canā€™t say church to remain PC).

The staff recommends they paint the white fence that borders the property. Only problem is they only have half the paint it should take to do the job so they add water to make twice as much. Just as they finish, a supreme power from above (insert your god) sends over a thunderstorm and the hard rain washes off the just finished job to look almost like nothing was done. Then, a giant commanding voice from above says (donā€™t spoil it, not that funny anyway), ā€œ Repaint, and thin no more!ā€

Iā€™ll be here all week folks. Be sure to tip your waitresses and bartenders. One of them is having my baby. I just havenā€™t decided which one yet.?

Donā€™t worry, I AM secure in my daytime employment.

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2003 DC5S 1994 CD5
Country flag
The maker of these white wheels (distributor) is prolly wondering WTH to have such a sales run all of the sudden?

Almost everything reminds me of a joke so here goes:

So these painters want to spruce up a house of worship (I canā€™t say church to remain PC).

The staff recommends they paint the white fence that borders the property. Only problem is they only have half the paint it should take to do the job so they add water to make twice as much. Just as they finish, a supreme power from above (insert your god) sends over a thunderstorm and the hard rain washes off the just finished job to look almost like nothing was done. Then, a giant commanding voice from above says (donā€™t spoil it, not that funny anyway), ā€œ Repaint, and thin no more!ā€

Iā€™ll be here all week folks. Be sure to tip your waitresses and bartenders. One of them is having my baby. I just havenā€™t decided which one yet.?

Donā€™t worry, I AM secure in my daytime employment.
No need to be PC dude. "Church" is not offensive by any means.

digitalpeer

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700hp e3 Senator, I30N
Country flag
so, looks like theres enough guys on here running 18x9.5 +38, whats the handling torque steer feedback? I saw a video on youtube about the scrub radius and how I should buy +45 offset to avoid torque steer.. so im interested in all your opinion.. im buying a type R and plan on doing 3 or 4 track days a year and dont want anything to make the car handle worse than stock.. any advice regarding suspension is always welcome

Integra.thanh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Country flag
Rims: Rays 57DR 18x9.5 +38 with Rays Center Caps
Tires: pirelli cinturato 255/40 r18
Lug Nuts: PROJECT KICS MONOLITH T1/07 LUGNUTS M1 - neochrome
Stock Suspension because laziness and potholes

My thoughts:

not a huge fan of the tires but they came with the rims. I LOVE the lug nuts, go neochrome, makes the wheel really stand out. I knew the rims would look the way they look but I would go 19" next time. I love my rims though, really makes the car stand out.

On 18" ride opinion:

I actually prefer the ride comfort of 20" but 18" feels more in tune with the road and more "controllable in turns" and "feeling the road".

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide _nc_ohc=yQQTGlqlOUwAX8zroyo&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide _nc_ohc=voBP3vhd4n8AX9f7_UU&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2

Last edited:

Diablo_TypeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
So Iā€™m pretty new to the whole aftermarket wheel stuff and would like to see if any of you guys could help me out real quick.

Iā€™m currently looking at the Vƶrsteiner VFF-103ā€™s and the highest offset they offer is +45 on a 19x10 rim but I havent seen anyone post a rim that wide.
I want the wheels to look flush with the car and avoid them sticking out if possible. As well as avoid any torque steer.

Iā€™m currently stock height, would i rub with these on say a 265/35 tire? Or even a 275/35? Or better yet what size tire would you guys recommend? Would I be able to lower the car at all without rubbing? Thank you all in advance!
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide 8CB6B928-EC24-4DE5-BA06-54D1B3BF30C0

RepyT

Almost Stock ā€˜19 R on 255/35-19ā€
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So Iā€™m pretty new to the whole aftermarket wheel stuff and would like to see if any of you guys could help me out real quick.

Iā€™m currently looking at the Vƶrsteiner VFF-103ā€™s and the highest offset they offer is +45 on a 19x10 rim but I havent seen anyone post a rim that wide.
I want the wheels to look flush with the car and avoid them sticking out if possible. As well as avoid any torque steer.
Iā€™m currently stock height, would i rub with these on say a 265/35 tire? Or even a 275/35? Or better yet what size tire would you guys recommend? Would I be able to lower the car at all without rubbing? Thank you all in advance!
8CB6B928-EC24-4DE5-BA06-54D1B3BF30C0.png
Diabā€™,
Any minute now a W&T expert will come by with better answer. The 275 sounds a bit much without good bit of fender bendinā€™ to me. Maybe the 265 with rolling but that 10ā€ rim might give you a big poke like about 1-3/4 inches more outward at rim, not to mention tire.

Hereā€™s what I think is a better calculator, clear out whatā€™s there and mess around and it shows more impact:

FRG Tire & Wheel Calculator

ryudo437

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
so, looks like theres enough guys on here running 18x9.5 +38, whats the handling torque steer feedback? I saw a video on youtube about the scrub radius and how I should buy +45 offset to avoid torque steer.. so im interested in all your opinion.. im buying a type R and plan on doing 3 or 4 track days a year and dont want anything to make the car handle worse than stock.. any advice regarding suspension is always welcome
Iā€™m running 18x9.5 +38 on stock suspension and so far, I have not notice any torque steer at all. I do feel that the ride quality feels better even on R mode the ride feels a lot smoother comparing it to stock.

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Fresh re-up on the following colors, one of the hardest wheels to keep in stock

Rays Gramlights 57DR 18x9.5 +38 5x120