Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
After about 12000 miles on this setup, I gotta say that I do like the extra sidewall of the 35s. Not sure if the 265/35 will rub, but my setup was pretty close to stock in diameter so i went with it. And looks-wise, I don't think the 255s look stretched at all. Driving dynamics don't feel much different either (although I'm lowered).

Overall, no complaints.
Sponsored

roflitzjinno

First Name
Jinno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
Country flag
Rolfz... rolfiz... i give up,

I agree the tire chosen matters. With 19’s, I was told by pros that max width and ratio with Mich Pilot 4S was 265/35 without any rub not lowered. I dropped it about an inch with Eibach Pro springs and stuck with 255/35 to be safe (chicken). While most 19” might be fine, certain ones (more true in 18”) rub slightly at 265/35 sometimes just need front well tab reverse tucked.

i wonder if there’s a database that has those tire differences/nuances? Seems odd some are puffier or flatter but belt tech is different by maker and model tire. Measurements are only width and height ratio, not the areas between or shape. It'd be handy to experiment visually with a tool that showed true results prior to purchase. Tire Rack to the rescue?
It's all personal preference and experience. I personally like a slight stretch when I track the car.

The generic measurements vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. For Federal RS-RR's 255's measured out to 265, but they're labeled as 255. RE71R's run closer to 255 in the given 255 sizing. RS-RR gave me fitment issues on my car. Unfortunately I doubt any site is showing the actual measured size unless you're seeing them in person. It's all trial and error.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rof,
Absolutely agree, its personal preference and experience.

The aspects you speak of are data that today is feasible to catalog for decisionsl databases.

Personal preference: Think size in inches, width, varied ratio based on model fitment. So far no rocket science.

Tire characteristics (example- each size 245 and up bulges 3mm more per tire width), This could be something that takes into account tire vs rim width into consideration. Comples but doable.

i know it sounds confusing and complex and adding fitment (tuck, flush, poke) can make recommendations like tire & wheel calculators. They could be a low cost one time or subscription fee to defray costs.

Point is, experience for the most part is data too. The subjective aspects like if this then that so you can’t lower more than x

In todays crazy remote world we could benefit from decent automated recommendations.

If you think this is huge to impossible, go to Callaway golf site and try their interview based fitting tools.
Until developed and mature your knowledge and experience experience is very valuable.

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Shipping now: Special batch of Advan GT Premium - 18x9.5 +38 5x120, Racing White (Exclusive LIMITED Finish)

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide b4s8Q3J

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shipping now: Special batch of Advan GT Premium - 18x9.5 +38 5x120, Racing White (Exclusive LIMITED Finish)

b4s8Q3J.jpg
Sir,
Are you able to ship pure white brake pads too with these as an additional cost option, LOL?

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Sir,
Are you able to ship pure white brake pads too with these as an additional cost option, LOL?
Just wipe the wheels down once a week! That's what we do :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide xTIeEWR

RepyT

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wipe the wheels down once a week! That's what we do :)

xTIeEWR.jpg
Thanks, currently have matte charcoal color wheels and OCD so i usually detail all daily once cooled in garage.

White are certainly good looking clean but perhaps highest mx color, sharp though.

System Motorsports

Thomson
CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Thomson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Advan Racing TC4 18x9.5 +45 5x120 Indigo Blue, 1 set available...

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide W5tszN

bvita

First Name
Branden V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Fk8 21’ Gt4
Country flag
Rolfz... rolfiz... i give up,

I agree the tire chosen matters. With 19’s, I was told by pros that max width and ratio with Mich Pilot 4S was 265/35 without any rub not lowered. I dropped it about an inch with Eibach Pro springs and stuck with 255/35 to be safe (chicken). While most 19” might be fine, certain ones (more true in 18”) rub slightly at 265/35 sometimes just need front well tab reverse tucked.

i wonder if there’s a database that has those tire differences/nuances? Seems odd some are puffier or flatter but belt tech is different by maker and model tire. Measurements are only width and height ratio, not the areas between or shape. It'd be handy to experiment visually with a tool that showed true results prior to purchase. Tire Rack to the rescue?
I use www.tiresize.com to look at the actual height/width/weight.

It has been accurate for tires for trucks (33”-35” all/mud terrain for my tacoma/raptor) from what I have found previously.