Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Ok this makes sense. This guy said he definitely rubbed with the same wheel specs.

Now Im curious how 255/35's look with a moddest drop.
I think if you're gonna go 255/35, you need a wide/square tire to have it look right. On page 38 of this thread there's a car with 9.3 +35 and 255/35 AD08Rs that looks pretty good, but when you see other, more normal tires they always look to small (imo).

he does but not major issues. He does do a lot of driving by himself and in R mode so the car stays light and stiff lol. But he said it's pretty much just on hard dips, the rest of the time he's pretty good. He had camber kits planned if it was bad but he hasn't come in for those so pretty sure its manageable
Hmm, my car will definitely see more than just me in it often enough that it would concern me, though I'll have Spoon springs so I won't be as low...

I love that 255/40 is closer to the OE diameter, even if 265/35 isn't that far off.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
I think if you're gonna go 255/35, you need a wide/square tire to have it look right. On page 38 of this thread there's a car with 9.3 +35 and 255/35 AD08Rs that looks pretty good, but when you see other, more normal tires they always look to small (imo).

Hmm, my car will definitely see more than just me in it often enough that it would concern me, though I'll have Spoon springs so I won't be as low...

I love that 255/40 is closer to the OE diameter, even if 265/35 isn't that far off.
what kind of tires are you looking at? AD08R have aggressive side walls sooooo something more all seasonish will be less likely to rub

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
what kind of tires are you looking at? AD08R have aggressive side walls sooooo something more all seasonish will be less likely to rub
Well I have been planning on Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, but right now Tirerack has limited stock of the AD08R in 255/40/18 for $87/tire which is an incredible deal. My issues is that the car is a DD, so dealing with rubbing issues, loud tires, or quick wearing tires isn't super appealing...but that price is enough to at least consider it.

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well I have been planning on Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s, but right now Tirerack has limited stock of the AD08R in 255/40/18 for $87/tire which is an incredible deal. My issues is that the car is a DD, so dealing with rubbing issues, loud tires, or quick wearing tires isn't super appealing...but that price is enough to at least consider it.
LOL that is a great price for those tires... would you be opposed to a rear camber kit? I really think you might be ok with the Spoon springs. If not a small amount of negative camber in the back should fix that, and the HardRace or SPC rear camber arms are typically instock

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
LOL that is a great price for those tires... would you be opposed to a rear camber kit? I really think you might be ok with the Spoon springs. If not a small amount of negative camber in the back should fix that, and the HardRace or SPC rear camber arms are typically instock
Not opposed to it, it'd still come out cheaper than buying any other tire. The only annoyance is finding a place around me to do custom alignments and that don't charge an arm and leg for them. That and figuring out if I want to DD on that aggressive of a tire.

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not opposed to it, it'd still come out cheaper than buying any other tire. The only annoyance is finding a place around me to do custom alignments and that don't charge an arm and leg for them. That and figuring out if I want to DD on that aggressive of a tire.
I think it's worth considering, our local guy got away with it as his DD. The more aggressive drop doesn't help, but I think the rubbing is mild enough that he hasn't felt compelled to cut anything or modify anything just yet, its been a few months too

TypeWavey

Free The Wave
First Name
Spike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2016 Aprilia RSV4
Country flag
I was planning on Firehawks as well, especially after reading they're not as wide as other tires at 265. Figuring they'll have less chance of rub on Spoons & a +35 offset

TypeWavey

Free The Wave
First Name
Spike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2016 Aprilia RSV4
Country flag

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
This set up is perfect if those tires are indeed 245/40. Would've thought there'd be more stretch.
I found him on IG (elite_typer) and they are indeed 245/40. That's a pretty wide tire though (Tread width at 9.2" vs 8.3" for the same size on a Firehawk 500) so a more narrow tire isn't going to look as nice probably.

Last edited:

theEZV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 335i
Country flag
Any ideas on wheels that are x9 with offset in the lower to mid 30s? Any idea if we're going to get RPF1s in other 5x120 specs?

art unique

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
You will not rub with 265/35 indy 500’s they are a narrow tire