Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you guys think a 20x10 +45 offset would fit my 2019 type R without problems?
can also get the same wheels in 20x8.5 +35 offset but heard that might rub and cause crazy torque steer

what about tire stretch? its something i dont like the look of so might have to do a wider tire.
im not real familer with what all the offset does to the look of the wheels

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Superspeed RF03RR 18x9.5 in bronze on a white Type R since I couldn't find any pictures before buying (including Google search) figured I'd share here. Would have better pictures but its been cold since install.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R After-market Wheel Guide 20210107_162618

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
Superspeed RF03RR 18x9.5 in bronze on a white Type R since I couldn't find any pictures before buying (including Google search) figured I'd share here. Would have better pictures but its been cold since install.

20210107_162618.jpg
Looks great. How much do the wheels cost?

Boofneenee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hi

Their is an amazing set of Te37 saga bronze rims for sale near me with tires! I'm nervous about the fitment on my car because I will not be adjusting ever the suspension or ride height.

The wheel size is 18 9.5 22 offset

He used it on ctr with coilovers and camber kit. He said his was slightly lowered and did not rub. He said he is "pretty sure" it won't rub in stock ride height.

Looking for help

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
Hi

Their is an amazing set of Te37 saga bronze rims for sale near me with tires! I'm nervous about the fitment on my car because I will not be adjusting ever the suspension or ride height.

He used it on ctr with coilovers and camber kit. He said his was slightly lowered and did not rub. He said he is "pretty sure" it won't rub in stock ride height.

Looking for help
I'm on 18s 9.5 +38 at stock height with 255 width tires and their is an inch and a half clearance. You'd have to run 255 or less to avoid rubbing from what I'm figuring. See if anyone else chimes in tho.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Hi

Looking for help
Lol he's 100% full of it. +22 is super aggressive and you're guaranteed to rub. That's a fitment meant for bmws not our cars.

Boofneenee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Lol he's 100% full of it. +22 is super aggressive and you're guaranteed to rub. That's a fitment meant for bmws not our cars.
Would an offset with a lower positive number be more aggressive than a higher positive offset number?

The rim I'm looking at is 22 vs someone with same dimensions and a 48 offset.

Thanks

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Would an offset with a lower positive number be more aggressive than a higher positive offset number?

The rim I'm looking at is 22 vs someone with same dimensions and a 48 offset.

Thanks
The lower the offset, the more aggressive the stance i.e. the more the wheels will poke out from the fenders. Stock offset is +60, reducing that too much will cause rubbing and torque steer.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi

Looking for help
What is tire width? You didn’t say. With 9.5” wheels you have an inch either way.

Like others said, good chance will rub.

Don’t guess, compare OEM (245/30-20 on 8.5”w at +60 (aka ET 60) to your tire and wheel size using this calculator.

Pay attention to overal diameter that impacts Speedo accuracy, but more important, what it does to scrub radius, clearance and then you’ll likely pass, big spacers needed, not to mention camber changes w/without spacer.
Welcome to resale city if you buy.

Wheel & Tire Size Calculator

m_kluch

First Name
Maryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R
Country flag
you guys think a 20x10 +45 offset would fit my 2019 type R without problems?
can also get the same wheels in 20x8.5 +35 offset but heard that might rub and cause crazy torque steer

what about tire stretch? its something i dont like the look of so might have to do a wider tire.
im not real familer with what all the offset does to the look of the wheels
20x10 +45 will most likely rub especially if you dont like stretched tires and get at least a 265mm wide tire. The 20x8.5 +35 is the less aggressive of the two choices and will clear with no rub.
Sponsored