First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #01928
Country flag
This was at Gateway in ST. LOUIS.
Bogged the launch,(didnt want to roast the tires), and 1st to 2nd shift didnt go in at first, so I lost about .5 seconds), I did lose traction at high rpms in 2nd, and 3rd, but it gripped and went fine, until I got to the finish line. Not sure if I let up before or after the flags. We only got 1 run for low ET. If I got a few runs, it could be lower. This was for 1 lap of America. Car 68. The wife crumpled it up cause she thought it was a gas receipt. I yelled at her that it was my timeslip..LOL
roughly 355 HP and 380 TQ
20180515_184456.jpg
You'll have to let me know next time you plan on making it down to Gateway. That's only about 20 minutes from me. I was there last month for import face off. I did two runs but too embarrassed to post either time slip haha. In my defense, I had never drag raced before, especially a manual. A little more practice and I should be able to make it in to the 13s.
Sponsored

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'll have to let me know next time you plan on making it down to Gateway. That's only about 20 minutes from me. I was there last month for import face off. I did two runs but too embarrassed to post either time slip haha. In my defense, I had never drag raced before, especially a manual. A little more practice and I should be able to make it in to the 13s.
I know the feeling about practice in the CTR. I think slipping the clutch from about 3200-3300 rpm's worked better for me than a clutch dump at any RPM's in this car. If you are tuned to over 350 Torque, traction control off, you are going to roast your tires 1st and 2nd gears on a clutch dump(even slipping, 2nd and 3rd can drop some traction) I was telling a friend, that practicing from stop light to stop light, might get me into trouble with the local PD.
The car is very capable to get mid 13's. With a good tune, and traction, you should be into the 12's.
I bogged my launch, and got a bit of issues getting into 2nd gear when shifting near redline from 1st. In normal driving, I've never had any issues, shifting is like slicing through warm butter, easy and smooth. But I rarely wind out 1st anyways.

-JP-

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '06 RSX-S, '10 MDX, '01 Sequoia
Country flag
13.5 @ 107MPH was my best on a hot day. Due to high IATs max boost was @ 18psi when I can hit 27psi on a good day. I knew wheel hop was going to be terrible so I installed Hasport 62A mount to help a little. I found best launch for me was around 2400RPM. Car is tuned running 275 wide track tires.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R 1/4 mile times 2018-05-15 19.23.01

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
13.5 @ 107MPH was my best on a hot day. Due to high IATs max boost was @ 18psi when I can hit 27psi on a good day. I knew wheel hop was going to be terrible so I installed Hasport 62A mount to help a little. I found best launch for me was around 2400RPM. Car is tuned running 275 wide track tires.
I love ya'll trap speed in the 1/4 mile. Most people seem to have problems taking off due to the wheel hop. Thanks for posting.

CameraGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m just looking here because I’m curious what the cars run, I might run a few passes in my SI tonight, I thought the type R would do a little better but the pool of people drag racing them is probably pretty small. From my tracking experience though I do see a lot of possible 12 second time slips if you guys can work on your launch. 2.3 and 2.2 60 foot times is what’s killing your time. I know fwd sucks for drag racing and your power is up there in the rpm. If you ran a bias ply slick so you could launch harder or ride the clutch out a little longer so you don’t bog. But you’d be surprised how much a good launch takes off the big end

-JP-

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 CTR, '06 RSX-S, '10 MDX, '01 Sequoia
Country flag
I’m just looking here because I’m curious what the cars run, I might run a few passes in my SI tonight, I thought the type R would do a little better but the pool of people drag racing them is probably pretty small. From my tracking experience though I do see a lot of possible 12 second time slips if you guys can work on your launch. 2.3 and 2.2 60 foot times is what’s killing your time. I know fwd sucks for drag racing and your power is up there in the rpm. If you ran a bias ply slick so you could launch harder or ride the clutch out a little longer so you don’t bog. But you’d be surprised how much a good launch takes off the big end
Agreed. If I can get slicks and a cool night I'm sure I can get into the 12's. Double edge sword having so much power and torque at a low RPM it's hard getting out of the hole.

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
So I went to Cecil County this past Sunday during the Subaru event. I had never been to the track and on Saturday (day before), had just put on the intercooler, ultimate racing front/down pipe and catback. Boy, did I realize that I freaking suck at a track. I couldn't get a sub 2.5 60' time and best run was 14.5 with trap speeds around 106-107. It was flat out embarrassing. Having never been to a track, I simply wasn't prepared and didn't know what I was doing.

A few things I learned and need to learn:

1) Need to setup launch control on KTuner. Am going to start around 2500 rpm and gently slip the clutch. Wheel spin is terrible
2) Need to edit the no lift shift feature so I can keep boost up between gear changes. Will have to do some go pro recordings to figure out optimal rpm between each specific shift
3) Need to get quicker at the line being ready with launch rpms and clutch engagement. Twice it happened so fast that I overrevved the launch and just spun and spun, then missed 2nd gear twice.

If anyone would like to go to Cecil County in MD before the season is up just let me know. Or a meetup anywhere in the MD/DE/PA/NJ area.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Yikes that's a pretty rough time! The weather didn't help you too much - I'd blame it on that! You can focus on just getting a good trap speed if anything. The car is tough to launch and seems to wheel-hop at Cecil.

This car is way easier to drive and seems so much faster but... my 99 Si Turbo ran 14.2 at 99. When I ran my all-stock CTR at 14.0 at 104, I knew it was a bad run but it should have done better. I haven't run it since-

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Yikes that's a pretty rough time! The weather didn't help you too much - I'd blame it on that! You can focus on just getting a good trap speed if anything. The car is tough to launch and seems to wheel-hop at Cecil.

This car is way easier to drive and seems so much faster but... my 99 Si Turbo ran 14.2 at 99. When I ran my all-stock CTR at 14.0 at 104, I knew it was a bad run but it should have done better. I haven't run it since-
Let me know if you’d like to meet up there. Going to call them this week to see if any test and tune options are available this weekend so I can keep practicing. Wheel hop was so bad on my first run I’m surprised I didn’t break something. Good thing it’s my second vehicle in case so do lol.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Let me know if you’d like to meet up there. Going to call them this week to see if any test and tune options are available this weekend so I can keep practicing. Wheel hop was so bad on my first run I’m surprised I didn’t break something. Good thing it’s my second vehicle in case so do lol.

Sounds good will do! I want to try to get on track again without my luggage this time! The wheel hop is so bad - makes me consider putting the snow tires on the front.

Gforce81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Sounds good will do! I want to try to get on track again without my luggage this time! The wheel hop is so bad - makes me consider putting the snow tires on the front.
What RPM were you launching with? Did you set launch control with Ktuner or FlashPro? I am going to get mine setup tonight and bring my laptop to make adjustments with should the weather permit me going tomorrow night...

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
Did a 13.533 @ 106mph.. 92 degree track ambient air temps spinning and roasting 1st-3rd half way down the track with 275/35/r18 re71s. I’m sure I could do high 12s if I played with launch control and smooth out the torque demand curve but I don’t really care for drag racing. This thing is alot more fun and a monster at AutoX tho lol.
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic Type R 1/4 mile times 9376B95E-1918-44AE-A8D3-1097C343338E

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What RPM were you launching with? Did you set launch control with Ktuner or FlashPro? I am going to get mine setup tonight and bring my laptop to make adjustments with should the weather permit me going tomorrow night...
The first time, I launched at about 2200. I was all stock, not even flashed at that point. It was November I think...so long before the tuner came out.
Weather should be great tomorrow!

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I couldn't come :(. How was it?
BTW last time I was there was Oct 18th 2017!
Sponsored