civic turbo vs 2016 mustang ecoboost.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't realize that Ford had mustangs in an ecoboost. Has anyone tested one and how does it compare to the coupe turbo. I really like the new mustang design. Just curio.:crazy:
Sponsored

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
I didn't realize that Ford had mustangs in an ecoboost. Has anyone tested one and how does it compare to the coupe turbo. I really like the new mustang design. Just curio.:crazy:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the mustang is going to be a lot quicker. I think it has about an extra 120 HP compared to the civic (numbers may be off, this is just going off of my recollection of about 300 for the mustang). The only thing I can really say is test drives are free, might as well go take one. :drive:

OP
OP
skittles

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah has 317hp.... and peeps who have gotten it have gotten tunes.. The interior is really nice.. I'm not a speed demon, however I do look at the overall package. I like both cars looks wise.. I'm just partial to mustangs I had one in the 1990's..:D

OP
OP
skittles

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
yeah has 317hp.... and peeps who have gotten it have gotten tunes.. The interior is really nice.. I'm not a speed demon, however I do look at the overall package. I like both cars looks wise.. I'm just partial to mustangs I had one in the 1990's..:D
And before I even think of possibly switching I first want to see how the new Si will be!!:p

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Honestly if I had been in a situation where it doesn't matter financially to choose between a civic or an ecoboost mustang, I would have gone with the mustang. But the civic is going to be significantly cheaper in the long run factoring insurance for a sedan vs sports car, fuel costs with getting the extra 10 or so MPG, initial purchase price, and (based on historical knowledge) maintenance. Mustangs from my experience tend to need a lot more upkeep than a civic, where you basically change the oil and rotate tires and that's it.

OP
OP
skittles

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly if I had been in a situation where it doesn't matter financially to choose between a civic or an ecoboost mustang, I would have gone with the mustang. But the civic is going to be significantly cheaper in the long run factoring insurance for a sedan vs sports car, fuel costs with getting the extra 10 or so MPG, initial purchase price, and (based on historical knowledge) maintenance. Mustangs from my experience tend to need a lot more upkeep than a civic, where you basically change the oil and rotate tires and that's it.
Very true....I'll wait until the Si comes out..Lol...I do love my green machine however..Until the civic redesign the only Honda's I ever liked was the prelude and the S2000.. So I was presently surprised with my exl turbo.. It's a lot of fun to drive!!:yes::D

BigBang09

nsbryant09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Former: 2004 Mustang V6, 2008 Civic LX)
I test drove an Ecoboost 'Stang at the Ft. Lauderdale Auto Show back in late March. Definitely quick, although it was brief (only lapped the convention center once) so I didn't get to see the full potential.

OP
OP
skittles

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove an Ecoboost 'Stang at the Ft. Lauderdale Auto Show back in late March. Definitely quick, although it was brief (only lapped the convention center once) so I didn't get to see the full potential.
what's it like in person. I hear at around just over 5,000rpms it kind of sucks..but I guess if you"re speed demon that matters..Lol..I really love that competition orange and the deep impact blue.

BigBang09

nsbryant09
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Former: 2004 Mustang V6, 2008 Civic LX)
Well, the spooling turbo whine was definitely noticeable. It was a convertible, so the wind-in-the-hair feeling was nice, but I can't say how cramped (or not) the coupe would feel. It was mostly straights, so I didn't get to corner much, but the steering wheel had some nice weight to it. It was automatic, but I don't recall trying the paddle shifters.
Sponsored