Civic Touring with Side Underbody Spoilers and Illuminated Interior Accessories

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quite well aware that the current generation iPhones do not support Qi charging. Future generations likely will - I was anticipating future support when I initially requested my dealer install it. Regardless, like I've said in previous posts, I'm not getting the wireless charger as of now. I left the price there so people have a reference point to know the best price with install labor I heard, in case someone does want it. All the quotes I got for that part in CA were > $500.
Wireless charging requires a plastic or glass back... iPhones have ALWAYS been aluminum... Metal backs cannot work with wireless charging since it interferes with the magnetic charging ring on the inside of the phone and would cause extreme heat when placed on a wireless charger... This is why Google Nexus phones have gone away with wireless charging because they released an aluminum phone for the first time...

Just trying to save you any hopes for a wireless charging iPhone in the future...

OP
OP
bmartinson13

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '97 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Second what bhorn said. Last comment regarding this: you can purchase adapters to allow your current iPhone to inductively charge as well.

Either way, let's drop the phone discussions. I feel like it's out of scope here (especially because I don't have it and don't plan on getting it, I just wanted people to get useful pricing information). Fork a new thread to continue the iPhone chat

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Second what bhorn said. Last comment regarding this: you can purchase adapters to allow your current iPhone to inductively charge as well.

Either way, let's drop the phone discussions. I feel like it's out of scope here (especially because I don't have it and don't plan on getting it, I just wanted people to get useful pricing information). Fork a new thread to continue the iPhone chat
Relax... I just wanted to clear up some confusion for others since you made it sound really confusing...

Enjoy the car!

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
Great Story and Awesome car! ... I like how you didn't hold back and basically got just every option possible. .. but the truth is, it is a great value at that price. they're are 35-45k cars out there that don't have some of the modern day options that your civic has.

thats too bad that cali dealers let you down. i am about 3.5 hours below you in cali and i hope these guys work with me on the price when the time comes do my purchase. lol ... i would think in the bay area they're would be a ton of dealers competing ...

enjoy it!

M1160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Uber
The Touring is already beautiful, these little additions make it even better looking and premium feeling. I like how the sidekirts give the car a little tougher sportier look.

caleb314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t
Holy shit if I was an american I'd be coming to canada to buy a new civic. When all said and done my EX-T with honda sensing was 30 350$ And 7 year warranty witch works out to arround 21 800$ USD! US msrp for the same model is a little over 23000$ Before etras, taxes and fees.
Its a very nice car and I hope you like it as much as I like mine.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
you kinda got me wanting the - Side underbody spoilers!!!

I am trying to get over it!

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Nice ride. Did u get more info regarding the wireless charging kit? As others have said it's not worth it. Looking at the wire diagram it looks like it just connects to 12v source by the fuse box by the driver. It's just wireless charging not wireless CarPlay/android auto. Probably be cheaper to cut a shape of a qi charger on the rubber mat.

OP
OP
bmartinson13

bmartinson13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '97 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice ride. Did u get more info regarding the wireless charging kit? As others have said it's not worth it. Looking at the wire diagram it looks like it just connects to 12v source by the fuse box by the driver. It's just wireless charging not wireless CarPlay/android auto. Probably be cheaper to cut a shape of a qi charger on the rubber mat.
Thanks! I haven't looked into the wireless charger further. I've pretty much decided that it's unnecessary, at least for me. I'm happy enough with the cord organizer clip and plugging my phone in since I always access CarPlay.
Sponsored