Civic Touring or Accord EX-L w/HS&Nav?

styadp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hello Guys!

I've been trying to buy a car since Feb! But couldn't decide what to buy and was waiting for a better deal. These are the offers I curently have:

2016 Honda Civic Touring: $24,400 + all tax & tags = $26,xxx

2016 Honda Accord EX-L w/HS + Nav: $26,400 + a;; tax & tags = $28,200

which would be the best choice?

I knew that Civic Touring has more features than Accord. But, is it worth to ignore Accord and take Civic. I'll be using the car for 3-5 years max.
Sponsored

goflyakuite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (MSM/BLK)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Guys!
I've been trying to buy a car since Feb! But couldn't decide what to buy and was waiting for a better deal. These are the offers I curently have:
2016 Honda Civic Touring: $24,400 + all tax & tags = $26,xxx
2016 Honda Accord EX-L w/HS + Nav: $26,400 + a;; tax & tags = $28,200
which would be the best choice?
I knew that Civic Touring has more features than Accord. But, is it worth to ignore Accord and take Civic. I'll be using the car for 3-5 years max.
This is exactly the choice I made. I mean exactly..... I had an 2013 Accord EX-L on lease and was planning to go 2016 Accord EX-L +HS/NAV. Then I discovered the soon to be released 2016 Civic Touring. I went through several months of back and forth. Driving the new Accord, and finally driving the Touring.

In the end I chose the Civic Touring. For me it boiled down to the fact that the small price delta enabled me to pay cash and I felt a bit old in the Accord. Totally greyed hair men next to me at stop lights.... shallow I know but true story. I've always owned slightly smaller cars and my 2013 Accord's turning radius certainly didn't help the feeling that it was a bit too large for my taste. I like the new tech in the Civic but the same tech won't be available until the next Gen. Accord. Although the glitches in my Civic are bothersome (infotainment system) it is a great car. It is more fun to drive than my Accord, if you enjoy occasional spirited drives. That being said the Civic is more connected to the road, tighter steering and more of the road surface translates up through the suspension and steering wheel than the Accord. For my driving taste the Accord wasn't exactly 'Soft' but it was softer than what I have driven in the past.

No easy answer here.... All about personal taste and what you enjoy in a drive. I would have NEVER owned the last couple of generation Civics, but I love my CivicX - glitches, bugs and all.