Glosflyer

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic tourer
Country flag
As you can see from my profile picture, is there a mod to light up the red stripe accross the boot door?
Sponsored

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Hi over there in the UK!

Wow, I’m here in the US and can’t say I’ve ever seen a Civic version like yours, at least from looking at your avatar. What year is it?

I don’t know of any aftermarket companies offer a kit to sell but without looking at the actual strip you are talking about I would have to ask if that piece is hollow. If so you might be able to drill a hole in the back and feed in an LED strip that goes the length of that part and make sure you seal the hole you drilled with 100% silicone. Just an idea...

OP
OP
Glosflyer

Glosflyer

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic tourer
Country flag
Hi over there in the UK!

Wow, I’m here in the US and can’t say I’ve ever seen a Civic version like yours, at least from looking at your avatar. What year is it?

I don’t know of any aftermarket companies offer a kit to sell but without looking at the actual strip you are talking about I would have to ask if that piece is hollow. If so you might be able to drill a hole in the back and feed in an LED strip that goes the length of that part and make sure you seal the hole you drilled with 100% silicone. Just an idea...
Honda Civic 10th gen Civic tourer IMG_4184

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic tourer IMG_4183

OP
OP
Glosflyer

Glosflyer

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic tourer
Country flag
Hi baby NSX, its a 2016 tourer, not that common even in the uk
Ill have to see if its holllow.

Thanks

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Thanks for the pics! Wow, never seen one before. Looks so functional with the extra cargo space!

On my Type R I was thinking the same thing to light up the strip between my tail lights but it’s black and not a lense.

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Have you had a look on civinfo. Its the UK civic Forum, loads of folks on there so you should be able to find some help on there plus they have a section for the 9th gen which is what your tourer is.

vtecr

First Name
FK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7 GT-Spec Daily, EP3 Type-R, EP1 Project, EU7 Beater (+ others I care less about...)
Country flag
That's a 9th Gen civic tourer that was only for the EU market, I believe. I almost bought one before I got my 10th gen. Loads of space and I love the vivid/boost/sports blue colour they were available in.

I haven't seen any mods to illuminate the tailgate panel but it's something that would be fairly easy to do. You can buy tailgate LED strips online that have tail light, brake, turn and reverse function all in one strip. You could open up the cluster and fit one of those inside. Then it's a simple matter of running wiring the taillights to control it.

Something like this here.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMXngsj

OP
OP
Glosflyer

Glosflyer

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic tourer
Country flag
That's a 9th Gen civic tourer that was only for the EU market, I believe. I almost bought one before I got my 10th gen. Loads of space and I love the vivid/boost/sports blue colour they were available in.

I haven't seen any mods to illuminate the tailgate panel but it's something that would be fairly easy to do. You can buy tailgate LED strips online that have tail light, brake, turn and reverse function all in one strip. You could open up the cluster and fit one of those inside. Then it's a simple matter of running wiring the taillights to control it.

Something like this here.
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMXngsj
Thanks matey I’ll have to try
Sponsored