Civic suddenly faster?

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, Rallye Red
Country flag
So I have noticed over the past couple of weeks that my EX-T seems to be a bit faster, even during normal acceleration. I thought it was just me, but my friend who has driven my car a few times before even noticed it and asked me what I had done to it.

It has around 18.5k miles and has been driven pretty hard it's entire life. I am wondering if it could be the cold temperature affecting it? I know nothing about this, but something is definitely causing it to have more power. Does anyone know a reason how this could be?
Sponsored

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cold temperature can improve the performance a little bit. My car instead at 5000km is slightly slower than new, despite the colder weather.

OP
OP

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cold temperature can improve the performance a little bit. My car instead at 5000km is slightly slower than new, despite the colder weather.
So would a cold air intake do the same thing?

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
So I have noticed over the past couple of weeks that my EX-T seems to be a bit faster, even during normal acceleration. I thought it was just me, but my friend who has driven my car a few times before even noticed it and asked me what I had done to it.

It has around 18.5k miles and has been driven pretty hard it's entire life. I am wondering if it could be the cold temperature affecting it? I know nothing about this, but something is definitely causing it to have more power. Does anyone know a reason how this could be?
I notice this sometimes in any car, I think it's the change in gas formulation for winter, combined with the cold air. It doesn't usually last, see if it goes past one tank of gas? Maybe your engine is breaking in too.

OP
OP

brclark80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I notice this sometimes in any car, I think it's the change in gas formulation for winter, combined with the cold air. It doesn't usually last, see if it goes past one tank of gas? Maybe your engine is breaking in too.
I've noticed my gas milage tanking around the same time so I guess it has to be that.

Does a CVT "learn" your driving habits and respond differently to how people drive?
Sponsored