civic starts up FAST with no cranking

Does the Civic stat up REAL Fast on 1st try

• Total voters

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
  • Banned
Wanted to Informal Poll on if you think the starter on the civic is super fast and no cranking delay. Thumbs up! No need for even push button start, it is that fast.
Sponsored

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Are you asking if the push button models start faster than the models without push button start?

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
Mine is push button, and it cranks a bit.

I've let the clutch out too early thinking it's started when in fact it has not.

OP
OP
PolishedLX

PolishedLX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
  • Banned
Are you asking if the push button models start faster than the models without push button start?
No, here I am alleging that the non push buttons start as fast, if not faster, THAN the push buttons and wanted to get some fast sample sizes. I do not even hear a crank when I start my CVT Hatch, non-push button, and using the key manually. It's instant.

Last edited:

rushwal

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've noticed that coming from a 2007 keyed m/t that I was hitting the start button on my 2017 too early as I was still pushing the clutch down. I've had to adjust my timing on my starting process.

Whether you are key start or push button start, it's still just an electrical contact being made. They will be the same reaction time as long as the hardware in the motor is the same.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Push button cranks when cold.

Warm starts are usually instant except for that damn grinding.
Yep, starts real quick when warm, no grinding here...is it the CVT version that grinds ?

OP
OP
PolishedLX

PolishedLX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
  • Banned
Yep, starts real quick when warm, no grinding here...is it the CVT version that grinds ?
I just want to marvel at how fast the auto Cvt starts up. For ref, my 06 Accord always had extended cranks and it was more cumbersome to start. This thing is FAST. Is the magic in the 1.5 liter engine which may not require "as much "juice""?

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
I just want to marvel at how fast the auto Cvt starts up. For ref, my 06 Accord always had extended cranks and it was more cumbersome to start. This thing is FAST. Is the magic in the 1.5 liter engine which may not require "as much "juice""?
I suspect it's the direct injection that makes it so fast. The engine control are prepped for auto start/stop. Expect that feature to be standard in a few years to get another 1mpg city if needed for CAFE requirements. Expect active shutters on the grill for another 1mpg highway. I expect a a 1.0 or 1.2 3 cylinder to be in as a base engine for the Civic LX and for use in the fit. But just a total WAG. Honda is having so much sucess with the turbo engines that it will replace all in their lineup. Vehicle weights will keep coming down too.

darkness975

dream reaper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T
Country flag
Mine starts up right quick, but the real test is going to be this winter when it sits outside overnight in 10 degree weather (not looking forward to winter again, ugh).
Sponsored