Civic stalling when stopping

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex
Country flag
My 2019 1.5T Civic has been stalling when approaching a stop, at about 5 mph it starts dropping rpms and after that it gets to about 500rpms then the car shakes and dies. Also when accelerating from a stop the car jerks at about 5-10mph.
I have a cold air intake, catted dp, front pipe, flex fuel kit, charge pipes, and block off plate for the turbo. The car is on the starter 21psi basemap on ktuner.
I cleaned my old maf sensor and it didn’t help so i got a new one and the car still dies.
Does anyone know anything about why my car might be doing this/how to fix it?
Sponsored

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
go back to your factory bpv and see if things change.

Zacaea

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic fk7
Country flag
My 2019 1.5T Civic has been stalling when approaching a stop, at about 5 mph it starts dropping rpms and after that it gets to about 500rpms then the car shakes and dies. Also when accelerating from a stop the car jerks at about 5-10mph.
I have a cold air intake, catted dp, front pipe, flex fuel kit, charge pipes, and block off plate for the turbo. The car is on the starter 21psi basemap on ktuner.
I cleaned my old maf sensor and it didn’t help so i got a new one and the car still dies.
Does anyone know anything about why my car might be doing this/how to fix it?
Mm.. so, the same thing happened to me about 7-8 months ago in my 2021 civic. When coming to a full stop, rpms would start to stutter around 500 and stall out unless I slammed on the brakes like a madman at the last second. Took it into Honda at 10,000 miles, covered under 36,000 mile warranty (even though it was tuned), and they took a look at it, they found out after some looking that the torque converter was stuck in full lock instead of unlocking when coming to a stop. Just like if you didn’t push in the clutch in a manual when coming to a stop. When they were looking at some components, pretty sure they said it was a “solenoid (B)”, it was stuck at ~50% at all times no matter the condition. There solution? Transmission replacement. The reason was because the transmission was wearing itself out during the month or so I was dealing with it. Take what you will out of that, but You MAY need a new transmission, or maybe a new torque converter or solenoid. I will attach pictures of my service record.

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic stalling when stopping 200240DB-2AFF-4343-B2B8-34F979B88C3B

Honda Civic 10th gen Civic stalling when stopping F3B622C1-9145-4CEB-918F-ABD745C3C389

OP
OP
AllGasNoBrakes
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Ex
Country flag
Just an update ive shelled out over a grand now to honda for them to try and fix it and the car is completely stock they’re now saying its injectors and not the torque converter. Idk they’ve been wrong twice now and im pretty sure they’re wrong abt this. Ill keep posting updates as this goes on

Zacaea

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic fk7
Country flag
Just an update ive shelled out over a grand now to honda for them to try and fix it and the car is completely stock they’re now saying its injectors and not the torque converter. Idk they’ve been wrong twice now and im pretty sure they’re wrong abt this. Ill keep posting updates as this goes on
Wow, show them my WO straight from Honda. If they don’t listen tell them to look at the condition of the torque converter on whatever diagnostic computer those money stealers use. This sounds like the same exact issue I was having to a T.

GaruJPN

First Name
Yuichi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe EGP
Country flag
Mm.. so, the same thing happened to me about 7-8 months ago in my 2021 civic. When coming to a full stop, rpms would start to stutter around 500 and stall out unless I slammed on the brakes like a madman at the last second. Took it into Honda at 10,000 miles, covered under 36,000 mile warranty (even though it was tuned), and they took a look at it, they found out after some looking that the torque converter was stuck in full lock instead of unlocking when coming to a stop. Just like if you didn’t push in the clutch in a manual when coming to a stop. When they were looking at some components, pretty sure they said it was a “solenoid (B)”, it was stuck at ~50% at all times no matter the condition. There solution? Transmission replacement. The reason was because the transmission was wearing itself out during the month or so I was dealing with it. Take what you will out of that, but You MAY need a new transmission, or maybe a new torque converter or solenoid. I will attach pictures of my service record.

200240DB-2AFF-4343-B2B8-34F979B88C3B.jpeg

F3B622C1-9145-4CEB-918F-ABD745C3C389.jpeg
I'm actually having this exact issue and just dropped off the car at the dealer this morning.
It also stalls out when putting into any drive modes (D/S/L/R) after restarting the car, and sometimes will stay on.

Will report back what they say.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Are you guys stalling out completely as in the car is turning off? I feel like sometimes I get a stutter off a stop but figured it was just mod related as I never stall out all the way… I’m concerned there’s a transmission issue now though

GaruJPN

First Name
Yuichi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Are you guys stalling out completely as in the car is turning off? I feel like sometimes I get a stutter off a stop but figured it was just mod related as I never stall out all the way… I’m concerned there’s a transmission issue now though
Yup, my car completely stalls out.

Da5hi30i2d

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic ex hatchback hpf edition
Country flag
i had a similar symptom with having the boomba bov, i was sure it wasnt the bov. Once I went back to stock no more reaching to a stop and dreading for the car to stall.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
i had a similar symptom with having the boomba bov, i was sure it wasnt the bov. Once I went back to stock no more reaching to a stop and dreading for the car to stall.
I had an issue a while back with the EWG arm solenoid thing where the voltage was all wrong and had to do an “relearn” procedure to fix it. Maybe that has something to do with why mine doesn’t stall just stutters a bit.. I’ve never changed the BOV

GaruJPN

First Name
Yuichi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Follow up on my transmission issue.
Dealer did confirm it's the torque converter. It's staying in "overdrive mode" so the car just continues to try to keep moving, which is why it keeps stalling when the vehicle is stopped in gear.
They found a used CVT available (confirming mileage as we speak), and no new trans are available.
I just got quoted roughly $3600 for the full replacement, fluid change, alignment etc, and should have it back by the end of the week.

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
Dont mod a cvt

Ronny2019

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
Yea thoes things are not good for our cars. It messes with the air fuel mixture

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Yea thoes things are not good for our cars. It messes with the air fuel mixture
A block off plate the op has seems far worse than a bov I'm curious to see what the dealer IDs as the issue. But then again the flex fuel torque could have killed the cvt
Sponsored