2.0L Civic Sport Sedan Muffler Delete Drone. What can I do?

civic_kid

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Hey everybody. I did my first ever "mod" today to my 2019 Civic Sport Sedan. Took the car to get the mufflers deleted because I feel like the car could use a little more sound, but not so much to where it sounds too ricey. If I'm being honest, the muffler delete makes the car sound fantastic, except for one thing...

The DRONE!!! I did not think nor realize that the drone would be that loud. I could probably deal with the sound it makes at 2000rpm, but I know for a fact if I have people in my car they're going to be very annoyed lol. Anyways, what do you guys recommend I do to lower the drone so that it wouldn't be as annoying as it is right now. Is there a muffler I could purchase that would be compatible with my exact car that still keep the same sound, just less drone? Or am I just completely screwed and will either have to live with it or put the original muffler back on. Thanks guys!!!!!!!

-Aron
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Hey everybody. I did my first ever "mod" today to my 2019 Civic Sport Sedan. Took the car to get the mufflers deleted because I feel like the car could use a little more sound, but not so much to where it sounds too ricey. If I'm being honest, the muffler delete makes the car sound fantastic, except for one thing...

The DRONE!!! I did not think nor realize that the drone would be that loud. I could probably deal with the sound it makes at 2000rpm, but I know for a fact if I have people in my car they're going to be very annoyed lol. Anyways, what do you guys recommend I do to lower the drone so that it wouldn't be as annoying as it is right now. Is there a muffler I could purchase that would be compatible with my exact car that still keep the same sound, just less drone? Or am I just completely screwed and will either have to live with it or put the original muffler back on. Thanks guys!!!!!!!

-Aron
Did you delete the muffler and resonator?

OP
OP
civic_kid

civic_kid

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Did you delete the muffler and resonator?
No thankfully. People recommended that you shouldn’t delete the resonators and only the muffler. I feel like the car would be too loud without resonators as well.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
No thankfully. People recommended that you shouldn’t delete the resonators and only the muffler. I feel like the car would be too loud without resonators as well.
is the drone While cruising?

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
You can ask any of your performance oriented muffler shops if they do what’s called a Helmholtz branch resonator or Helmholtz tube. Requires some calculations to do it right, but will cancel out the drone.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator would probably fix it.

OP
OP
civic_kid

civic_kid

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
is the drone While cruising?
Yes and no. Usually if I’m cruising the drone isn’t bad until I start putting my foot on the gas pedal a little harder at 2000rpm. Driving on hills especially when I have to push the gas harder, the drone is pretty bad.

OP
OP
civic_kid

civic_kid

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
A Vibrant Ultra Quiet resonator would probably fix it.
Thanks I might look into this. This wouldn’t void warranty in any way right? Except for the resonator warranty of course.

NSaneeee

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Yes this is true DO NOT remove the resonator it sounds like shit lol

OP
OP
civic_kid

civic_kid

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Yes this is true DO NOT remove the resonator it sounds like shit lol
Lol I think when I was looking on the forums I saw you say not too delete the resonators. Thanks lol.
Sponsored