Civic Sport (Sedan/Coupe) are everywhere!

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Man Honda must be making a killing on these! I swear I see at least 5 or more Civic Sport Sedans everyday I venture out. These seem to be selling pretty astonishingly well. Honda is genius, steal the Civic Si look, give it some good tech (Apple Carplay/Android Auto), and add a badge that says "Sport" without spending much more money because the car is basically a parts bin, and we'll rake in the $. So far it seems to be working seamlessly, and man they look good!
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
They do look nice but IMO they fall a bit short in actual "Sport-y" performance. But for someone looking for an Si look with a 2.0 NA, I can see why they are selling.

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They do look nice but IMO they fall a bit short in actual "Sport-y" performance. But for someone looking for an Si look with a 2.0 NA, I can see why they are selling.
Driven one?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Heck no. I have almost 220 wheel hp (TSP tune) powering my current sedan. The Sport sedan has maybe 135-ish whp. Why would I?

Last edited:

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah, I'm disappointed they even took the uniqueness of our HDMI exhaust away from us... but at least ours is bigger :thumbsup:

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had one the other day "race" me at a stop light to a highway onramp. After I casually merged onto traffic and got into my lane, I looked back and grinned. He blew past me on the right lane with the left turn signal on... If you're on here, sorry. It was a CBP "sport" sedan.

OP
OP
xbbnx

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had one the other day "race" me at a stop light to a highway onramp. After I casually merged onto traffic and got into my lane, I looked back and grinned. He blew past me on the right lane with the left turn signal on... If you're on here, sorry. It was a CBP "sport" sedan.
The "Sport" designation must have gotten to his head.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually don't see as man as I'd like. I did see a black one this morning on my way to work and it looked really sleek, almost menacing as it was black on black. I really do like the rear diffuser and subtle "HDMI" exhaust, I like it better than on the Si.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see a ton of them. But Honda destroyed the front end. Just looks like blah to me.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I see a ton of them. But Honda destroyed the front end. Just looks like blah to me.
The front of the sport is 50/50 with me at one point the blacked out grill looks good and the other point the chrome grill looks good on my EXT I guess it depends on the car of the car. On the other hand I don’t like they got rid of the fake vents on the sport in my opinion

Last edited:

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
I get really disappointed when I see the sports. I see the HDMI exhaust and think that I am coming up on a fellow SI owner. I get tricked like 5 times a day. So rare to see SI or CTR around me. Guess it makes my modded SI pretty unique.

Bosco72

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic coupe sport
Country flag
Honda calls it a sport cause it has the center exhaust, black out front and better suspion.i drove both the sport and the turbo cvt.the sport felt better to me with th 2.0 vtec it has 14 hp less

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Honda calls it a sport cause it has the center exhaust, black out front and better suspion.i drove both the sport and the turbo cvt.the sport felt better to me with th 2.0 vtec it has 14 hp less
Did you know the turbo actually is underrated by Honda? The base 1.5T has been dyno'd by Hondata and other sources at 190+ hp. And it has tons more torque, too. Glad you love your Sport but if you're implying it's faster, it's not. It's about 1.5 seconds slower 0-60 with a CVT.

I'm sure it handles well and it does look nice.
Sponsored